I have 6 pairs of Flip Flops- a garden pair, a pair in the car, one in the suitcase, dress pair, house pair, and a few others.
Unfortunately the Flip Flop (or fortunately) the Flip Flop is the basic footwear for much of the world. Everyday hundreds if not thousands of non- biodegradable plastic shoes wash up on the beaches, ponds and lakes around the world
The best thing you can do for the environment is make them last as long as possible. Try using a glue gun, duct tape to put them back together. If you can salvage them anymore try some of the following reuse ideas to keep those non-biodegradable Flip Flops out of landfills.
17 Way to Reuse Flip Flops
- Make a Boat
- Make a Helicopter Toy
- Make a Doormat
- Make a Storage Container
- Decorate an Ottoman
- Shred them for use as stuffing in cushions
- Shredded thongs can also be used as packing materials
- Cushioning for legs of tables and chairs to prevent them from scratching wooden and slate floors
- Place sections under large appliances to prevent floor scratching and in the case of washing machines and dryers, reduce vibration
- Can be cut to size to use as gaskets where heat isn’t an issue
- Fishing floats
- Cut into thin strips, connect with string to create a fly curtain
- Stick the soles into an old pair of socks for use as a boot/slipper.
- Cut to size for filling in gaps in doors
- Glue a couple of layers together for use as door/gate stops and buffers
- Give to Pets to play with
- Make a Bracelet