Guitars, Violins, Ukuleles and Cellos are wonderful stringed instruments that each part can be reused into everyday items. Many people don’t know what to do with old instruments. Some put them in garage sales and or donate them, but reusing musical instruments is fairly easy to do.
I just Gotta Eco Ya
- Via: Music Trades website’s: United States guitar market, between 2005 and 2013 anywhere between 1.6 million to 2.5 million guitars were sold each year.
- 2013, around 2,472,000 guitars were sold at an average price of $433 each
- About 1 in 5 people play a musical instrument.
- Google says that 13% of adults in the USA play guitar: Guitar Players in The United States
1.) Make a birdhouse:
2.) Make Planters
Other ideas on Outdoor planter on Instructables
3.) Make a wine rack or a bar .
4.) Make Lighting:
5.) Make Dollhouses
6.) Make Suitcases
7.) Make Tables
8.) Make Aquariums with Translucent Guitars
9.) Make Beer Taps
10.) Make Mailboxes.. love this!
11.) Build a Vespa, have to love this one.
12.) Who knew.. this must be for the guitar aficionado.. Toilet Seat covers? as jammin Johns says.. music to your Rears
13.) I think this is just a cut out… you can do the same, make a photo frame
14.) Probably one of the easiest and most popular is to reclaim the guitar/violin/cello and make Shelving,
15.) Reuse Old clocks to make new Reclaimed clocks.
16.) Reuse as an amp: learn how at Instructables
17.) Make Art
For those who just want to donate their instruments to someone in need, there are many options available to donate both the strings and musical instruments.
Donate Your Used Strings
- We Need Strings: Donate back to muscians around the world who need strings/
- Second Strings Project -Will clean them up and donate back to those in need. P.O. Box 234 40 Pinecliff Trail Nederland, CO 80466
- Wear Your Music uses old strings, remakes into bracelets and donates back to the musicians favorite charity.
Donate Your Instruments
- A Gift For Music (Orlando, Florida)
- Arts Can Circle (Canada)
- Charity Music
- Don’t Stop The Music (UK)
- Dorothy Croft Trust (UK)
- Education Through Music
- Hungary For Music-Support music education and gives donated instruments to children in need.
- Marching Mountains; (Appalachia)- Supply schools with musical instruments.
- Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation (California)
- Music Solidarity (UK)
- Musicians Without Borders
- Musicopia (Philadelphia)
- Operation Happy Note
- Play It Forward (Minnesota)
- Restore Arts (Arizona) They offer drop off locations in Arizona