These are not all the Green and Eco Blogs in California. But it is the start of a source to assist you in finding local environmentally friendly sources to assist you in sustainable living. I have tried to cut and paste the ‘Abouts’ on each of the blogs/websites- to give you a better idea of content. Some titles are self explanatory.
Oh Yeah- just because they are listed- doesn’t mean I agree or endorse any of their opinions.
You have a local green California city blog, please let me know, will be glad to add to the list.
Check out these Litter Images from Golden State Images
- Bay Area Hiker
- Green Resource Business Network
- Green Stock Consulting Greenstock LLC seeks to develop biodiesel feedstocks within California for California Biodiesel Producers. We promote a sustainable biodiesel industry that sources multiple feedstocks from within each producers local area (within 100 miles). We encourage new producers to install multi-feedstock processors so that they have the flexibility and agility to use the cheapest feedstock available at any time.
- State of California Green Building Directory
- California Energy Blog
- California Green Solutions- California Green Solutions business media and information for California green and sustainable business solutions
- Southern California Gardening
- So Cal Green Real Estate
- Eco Samurai A Japanese environmental professional and a mom of a boy living in California. Research interests: MS in Environmental Science and Management…. Industrial Ecology,electtronics and environment,climate change, CSR,Sustainability, eco-design, eco-marketing, LCA, MFA
- Car Free in California Musings of a life without a car in California, well at least San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley. Full of tips, observations and impact of automobiles on our lives. Check out the links to the right for resources and tips for reducing car usage. Get Active! Start Moving on your own energy!
- Greenerati-‘ (Bay Area) Instead of us getting up on our soap boxes covered in no VOC green paint, with dyed green hair (all symbolic of course) we decided that the better way to inform, educate, excite and entertain everyone interested in green real estate and lifestyle was to create this blog. This way our soapbox expands each time someone else joins in, reads, comments, even criticizes.
- California Camp Bug This is my personal story about California’s great outdoors, beckoning highways, and absolute beauty. Here you’ll find my road trip tales, thoughts about wandering the Golden State, and my camping adventures. This blog is to share what excites me about California and it’s outdoors. I love the Golden State and and am always amazed with the diversities of it’s landscapes – it’s natural or urban wilderness.
- Journey in the Woods- Why are we moving to the woods?It’s difficult to sum up in one statement, and so we started with a list:
– to get out of the ‘rat race’ of earning, shopping, buying, discarding…
– worries about school systems and urban environment should we ever have kids
– to build and live more closely with the land and environment and to breathe clean air
– to have space to do projects: carpentry, alternative power, gardening, wine making
– to be more in touch with traditional ways to do things: cooking, building, living
– to live affordably and sustainably
– to see the stars, sunsets, moonrises
- Mendo Coast Current MendoCoastCurrent tracks the world of renewable energy technology, research, development, associated issues, news and funding.As the Mendocino coast may become home to Wave Energy development, MendoCoastCurrent focuses on exploring this young technology and our role as stewards of the Mendocino coastal ecosystems.
- Saving the Sierra veryone, rural and urban alike, has a reason to care about conservation of California’s Sierra Nevada. This magnificent mountain range offers an experience of nature to over 100 million visitors each year. It’s also provides 2/3 of every drop of water used in the state. With the population of the Sierra Nevada estimated to triple by 2040, rural life, working landscapes, and community identities are bound to change. Let’s talk about how to conserve the environment, economy and culture of the Sierra. And your place, too, wherever you live.
- Green Building- Alameda County to reduce this waste, the Green Building in Alameda County Program provides residents, construction industry professionals and public agencies with a wide range of green building resources and services.
- Mattolewild Mattole Wildlands Defenders carry the torch of over 7 years of non-violent direct action in defense of the Oldgrowth Forests in the headwaters of the NF Mattole River. The Maxxam corporation has bankrupted Pacific Lumber and the future of this land is uncertain. Around 2,000 acres of the oldgrowth forest remains here. To get involved or help call- 707-834-3100. or write: P.O. Box 4803 Arcata, Ca 95521
- Save Ancient Forests (Humbolt County)
- Kern Life (this is not all about green, but couldn’t find anything
Coachella Valley/Palm Springs
- Coachella Valley Green
- Living Green (green retail Store)
- Hollywood Goes Green –Hollywood based conference designed to educate and inspire the entertainment industry …
- Sustainable Lafayette Sustainable Lafayette is a network of residents and organizations located in Lafayette, California, about 20 miles east of San Francisco, who are actively sharing ideas and solutions for how to make their homes, businesses, and community more sustainable. Many cities, towns, and counties across the country have created citizen groups to pursue sustainability. Lafayette’s approach is unique–to grow a “network” of residents who are focused on sharing real world success stories and best practices that will contribute to our community’s sustainability.
- Zero Trash Laguna together with local businesses, zerotrashlaguna (ztl.org) is a grass roots movement of residents working to create a zerotrashlaguna. Though tourism & our population has exploded, the city has failed to provide a sufficient infrastructure of public receptacles. –ztl will be petitioning the city council for the addition of at least 1 can per block, incorporating ashtrays & recycling
- Long Beach Green Guide L ongBeachGreenGuide.com is your one-stop, A-Z resource directory for finding:sustainable products, eco-friendly businesses, organic foods, health-promoting services, activities with a gentle footprint
- Long Beach Green Business Association
- Car(bon) Free in California Musings of a life without a car in California, well at least San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley. Full of tips, observations and impact of automobiles on our lives. Check out the links to the right for resources and tips for reducing car usage. Get Active! Start Moving on your own energy!
- California Green Works (Los Angeles)
- Fair Trade Los Angeles Fair Trade LA is an open, democratically organized group of people who are working for proactive, ideal/realistic solutions in a global movement for social and environmental justice.
- Green LA Girl Fair trade, local politics, and ethical consumerism in Los Angeles.
- Earth Day Los Angeles
- LA Green Living
- Oakland Public Works- Green Building
- Safe Green Oakland
- The Oakland Berkeley Journal
- Fake Plastic Fish
- Living Green in Orange County
- Going Green in Orange County
- Our Green Community This group is for Sacramento eco-urbanists who want to connect with others who believe and live the same way.
- Green Sacramento (Blog, but also have green building Center
- Green Sacramento -Green Building Center Retail
- Green Homes- San Diego
- Live Green SD – Consulting company that provides green solutions to everyday needs, was founded in 2006 in Encinitas, California by husband and wife Wayne & Amanda Green.They use the knowledge gained through the personal experience of reducing our impact on the environment to educate the public by providing simple solutions to everyday problems. LiveGreen has established collaborations with local companies to provide green services and products for our clients. We have established personal relationships with the companies and test each service or product.
- San Diego Green Business Network
- San Diego Loves Green
- San Diego Natural Guide
- Surf eCo- San Diego’s first ever eco-friendly surfing school offers surf classes, surf lessons (including private and group lessons), weekend surfing workshops and more.
- Green Business Program
- Am I Green or Not
- Eco Scraps Ecoscraps brings you interesting, current and offbeat news in an easily digestible format. Get your quick fix of green!
- Greening SF–
- Greenopia (San Francisco)
- Landfill Diaries Landfill Diaries is maintained by Marijke Rijsberman, who accidentally fell in love with landfill in 2001, as she sat and watched the sun rise over San Francisco Bay at Candlestick Point. That put her almost on top of the city’s old garbage dump, right next to the current transfer station, poised to notice that endless stream of garbage trucks trundling by.
- Liberated Spaces– Isn’t just about San Francisco, ‘Liberated spaces is the result of removing physical, mental, and/or emotional obstacles that hinder efforts to focus on the things in life that matter./
- Marin County Green Business Progam
- SF Blog sfblogg is a blog about things to do and just daily living stuff about San Francisco.
- Zero Waste San Diego
- Green Team of San Jose Green Team of San Jose local San Francisco Bay Area recycling company providing innovative collection and processing services to the City of San José. We specialize in implementing comprehensive recycling and garbage collection programs that go a step beyond most curbside services. Our approach to recycling is to divert as much and as many different types of material as economically as we can, and to put them to the “highest and best use” in the recycling marketplace.
- San Jose Green Building Policy
San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo
- Built Green Santa Barbara Built Green Santa Barbara was created by the Santa Barbara Contractor’s Association and offers a rating system for green home remodels and new commercial construction
- Community Environmental Council The Community Enviromental Coucil’s mission is to provide local solutions to global climate change.
- County of Santa Barbara– Planning and Development -The County of Santa Barbara Innovative Review Committee offers incentives for residents and businesses in the county to build green.
- Eco Errands
- Green Santa Barbara
- Green Homes Santa Barbara
- Green Projects– Santa Barbara County
- Living Green (Retail Store)
- The Santa Barbara Blog
- Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
- Sustainable Santa Barbara Information provided by the City of Santa Barbara on waste prevention, water quality, conservation and habitat restoration and climate protection
- Green IT GreenIT® Inc. is a progressive consultancy that is the leading advisor in the emerging field of environmentally sustainable Information and Communications Technology systems.
- Green Living– Sonoma
- Left Coast Cowboys
- Sonoma Green Business Program
- Sonoma Herbs
- Sustainable Sonoma Sustainable Sonoma County is a learning and action community that connects, inspires, and empowers people to align their thinking and action with their deep need for a life-affirming and sustainable world. SSC’s projects, events, workshops, research, and publications engage people in the creation of an ecological, equitable and prosperous society.