Spring is here and you might be thinking about Spring Cleaning. If so consider de-toxing your home while you are opening windows, working in the garden and starting your spring and summer to-do list.
I Just Gotta Tell Ya:
- Indoor Air is up to 10x more polluted than outdoor air.
- Indoor Pollution comes from toxic chemicals in furniture, flooring, paint, cleaning products, aersols.
De-Toxing Your Home or Office
- Open Windows every day and air out the space If you are allergic, open windows in early morning or after a rain.
- Seal cabinets and other particleboard with a zero VOC, clear water based coating. Eco Paints and Coatings List
- Redecorating?- Replace chemical laden products (carpet, paint, vinyl, particleboard) with green, eco and sustainable products.
- Buy Fair Trade, Organic or Local Products-
- Add Real Plants- Plants help clean the air up naturally.
- Reduce Clutter- Reduce dust
- Use Non- Toxic cleaning supplies- for a list of Clean and Non Toxic Recipes
- Outside- Reduce water consumption, go native (plants) and employ natural pesticides. For more information- Garden
- Waiting for someone in the car?- Don’t idle the car and release all that Carbon Monoxide into the air.
- Recycle and Reuse as much as possible-