I got this email from Drought Management Forum- and thought it was important enough to do a post on it. It’s a new group- but it’s something you can share with your gardeners and landscapers.
Here are their goals-
- Collect some of the best experts in the field.
- Collect some of the best professionals with hands on experience but perhaps lacking in the theory.
- Collect a large group of young professional with promise but lacking in experience and theory
- Gather some Regulating authority officials for their input.
- To exchange concepts, & best practices, eliminate or negate any myths or untruths.
- Discuss the best ways to deal with the various regional drought situations.
- Share success stories that users may achieve. What they did and what problems they experienced and how did they deal with the problems.
- Possibly arrange for either some regional classes; a webinar class or some way of providing training yet undetermined
- Influence the water agencies and perhaps the equipment manufacturers
- Explore ways to look ahead to the time after the drought avoiding the potential to slip back into old bad habits.