Nutritional Support for Healthy Eyes
I play cards on Tuesday nites with the ‘Great Old Biddies’. The oldest is 95 (still driving) and the youngest is 83 (not driving). Last Tuesday, several of the ladies were discussing their eyes and how hemmed in they feel without being able to drive. It got me to thinking-One of the senses I take care of the most is my sight. I go for annual checkups with my optometrist, have all the tests taken… glaucoma, macular degeneration… . I try to eat right for healthy sight- but I should do more- because if I am lucky enough to make it to 95 years old- I want to be able to drive!
I called Ellen Troyer (a total Greenie!) at Biosyntrx- to talk about Nutritional supplements for Eye Health- What a wealth of information she is! Biostyntx sells to optical professionals and consumers can purchase on line as well. Their site has tons of good info about their products, FDA regulations and medical studies. She also offers a Weekly Newsletter, called the Friday Pearl, in which you can subscribe and get the latest Medical information.
Here is the thing- we are inundated with all this information on what we should be taking, the health benefits. yada, yada, yada…. At least I know Biosyntrx is medically endorsed.
Products they carry for General and Eye Health
- BioTears– For Dry Eyes
- Macula Complete- vitamin/mineral antioxidant formula to maximize retinal health
- Avantrx– What is it? non-toxic and non-absorbable, and have been determined to be “Generally Recognized as Safe” (GRAS) for numerous FDA-approved medical applications that include: bulking agents, laxatives, thickening agents, drug delivery excipients, pharmaceutical adjuvants, cosmetic emollients, and food additives, among others. NOT A Diet Pill- Because the pill absorbs water- it helps to fill up the stomach thus ‘giving you the ‘Full Feeling”
- Ocular-Oculair is appropriate for every adult who is interested in potent full spectrum nutrient supplementation to slow the progression of all chronic degenerative diseases, including diseases of the eye.
- ZoOmega – ethyl concentrated pharmaceutical grade Fish oil from cold water fish, PCB and mercury free.
- Zeaxanthin-4– Powerful antioxidant for prevention of macular degeneration.
I definitely recommend you check them out for more information on Eye Health!