We consumers spend thousands of dollars a year in cosmetics and facial cleaners to have the perfect skin. One of the most irritating and self esteem demoters is acne. Acne effects about 80% of the population, mostly in teenagers. A good article on Acne tells you more about the causes and some treatments.
Bottom line-you can just go to your kitchen and find eco friendly acne treatments, that will not only save the environment and the green in your wallet!
Below are listed several very easy to make acne treatments for all ages!
Top Herbs Used for Acne Treatments
- Tea Tree Oil- (melaleuca) natural alternative that reduces acne.
- Licorice Root Extract-
- Green Teas Extracts
- Aloe Vera Extract- contains anti-inflammatory agents which boost removal of acne and scar marks of the face
- Olive leaves–
- Red Clover- good for chronic skin conditions.
- Yellow Dock
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Use apple cider vinegar to keep your skin’s pH levels balanced. Combine 10 parts water with 1 part apple cider vinegar and apply the liquid combination to the acne areas
Citrus Blackhead Treatment Removing blackheads can easily be done with lemon. Citrus is naturally exfoliate, which makes lemon useful when it comes to fighting blackheads
- Cut the lemon in half then rub it directly on your face before going to bed.
- Extract lemon juice with a citrus reamer, remove the seeds and then add 2 tablespoons of rosewater. Mix the lemon juice and rosewater together and your tonic will be more fragrant.
- To loosen blackheads, combine equal parts baking soda and water in your hand and rub gently on your skin for 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
Acne Mask This really works for all types of skin mostly for acne.
- 1/2 tooth paste
- 1/2 water, add more if not creamy
- egg yolk (optional)
- regular lotion
- food coloring (optional)
- grated apples
- baking soda
- sierra mist (optional)
- 1/2 a cup of baking soda (or flour)
- 1/2 a cup of water (add more if it isn’t creamy enough)
- 1/2 a cucumber, grated
- 2 slices of cucumber or apple
- 1 Tbsp. of honey
- 1 1/2 cup (instant) oatmeal oats
- 1 egg white
- 2-4 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 Tbsp. baking soda (optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp. corn starch (optional)
- A couple drops of milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter (natural works best)
Mix all ingredients and let sit in bowl for about 10-15 minutes or until it is up to your desired thickness. The thicker, the better so it will stick to your face. Then apply, and let it sit on your face for 15 minutes to an hour. It doesn’t matter how long you keep it on, as long as you keep it on for at least 15 minutes.