Haskell, a new innovative design firm with an emphasis on sustainability, introduces its Series 9 line, a collection of outdoor furnishings that includes everything needed to accommodate the modern outdoor environ in style. Launching online at www.haskellcollection.com in mid March, the collection has a focus on eco-sensitive projects.
Andrew Stoneman, VP of Business Development for Haskell, considers the introduction of the new line a natural for the young company. “We really did a lot of homework on the nature of the materials and the manufacturing process with an extreme regard for environmental sensitivity and product quality. We feel we’ve materialized our company’s lifestyle philosophy into original pieces that represent both sound investment and contemporary fun at home. The result is clean lined functionality with a nod to mid century while at the same time retaining a timeless aesthetic. We want people to hand this stuff down to their children and have it be as relevant to them as it is to us today”.
Eco Friendly Profile
- Type 304 EAF stainless steel frames with a recycled domestic scrap metal content up to 85%. 100% recyclable.
- Powder coat finish, adds to the finish durability while using no solvents and introducing no VOC’s (volatile organic compounds). Overspray and residual powder coating materials are captured for reuse after treating the steel.
- Cushions are filled with a proprietary “bio-foam” – almost 40% vegetable oil composition and organic, halogen-free fire retardants. The Variable Pressure Foaming (VPF) technology used to cast the foam is a virtually emission free process as well.
- Cushions’ outers utilize Bella-Dura®, a performance fabric engineered via proprietary yarn technology and made from an industrial by-product of the petroleum refining process. It conveniently eliminates the need for virgin materials. Bella-Dura® also maintains an MBDC “Cradle to Cradle” Silver certification and its inherently anti-microbial and stain resistant composition is fully recyclable after a long lifecycle.
- Made In The USA- The entire line for Southern California fabrication citing a desire to retain paramount quality control and feed the local economy. Stoneman adds “It was incredibly important for us to keep production here at home with the economic climate being what it is. We wanted to create and maintain as many jobs as possible while manufacturing a high quality, home grown line.
- With the continued prominence of LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) accreditation in commercial, civic and residential developments in the US and abroad the product line is also well positioned to provide credits in the Recycled Content and possibly even Regional Materials categories for numerous project types”.
LEED is a third-party certification program and the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings. The LEED green building certification program encourages and accelerates global adoption of sustainable green building and development practices through a suite of rating systems that recognize projects that implement strategies for better environmental and health performance. State and local governments across the country are adopting LEED for public-owned and public-funded buildings; there are LEED initiatives in federal agencies, including the Departments of Defense, Agriculture, Energy, and State; and LEED projects are in countries worldwide, including Canada, Brazil, Mexico and India.
About Haskell: Haskell, LLC, founded in 2010 and headquartered in Costa Mesa, California provides modern, eco-conscious outdoor furnishing products to contemporary resellers. Press contact and dealers inquiries via www.haskellcollection.com or at 949.355.4634.