‘I’m not going to vacuum ’til they make one you can ride on’ Roseanne Barr-
Personally speaking- I hate to vacuum, using a broom and dustpan the majority of the time. My vacuum is OK, but I was wondering if their is a better alternative for clean up. Still don’t have the answer, as my broom still works!
I Just Gotta Tell Ya
- Australians bought 1.13 Million Vacuum Cleaners in 2006
- A Good Vacuum Cleaner should last for 10 years
- 702,000 portable vacuum cleaners were sold in 1919, (Probably electric). The number increased the following year to 1,024,167 units and $35 million.
The Most Eco Friendly Way
- Try to fix or repair the one you currently have.
- Give it away
- Empty out the bags and reuse
- Donate the one you have
What Makes an Eco Friendly Vacuum Cleaner?
- Power Consumption-
- Disposability- My mother has had her vacuum cleaner for 20 years, and it’s still going strong.
- Bags and Filters- Uncoated bags can actually be recycled.
What to look for:
- Vacuum with an 8 amp motor and a power saving mode.
- Vacuum with a filter- make sure it washable and reusable.
- Dustbags- should be made with paper and not coated with chemicals.
- Check out the manufacturers website for replacement part availabilty