These are not all the local green, eco and environmental blogs and websites. If you have a blog and would like to submit, please do so.
- Black Girl Gone Green- I want to do more to save the environment. I want to write a book and I eventually will take the plunge into going natural with my hair.
- Captain Planet Foundation Hands on environmental projects for kids
- Clean Air Campaign The Clean Air Campaign must keep pace with our state’s booming growth. So far, we’ve made great progress, but there is still much to be done. Here are just a few of the results we have seen so far.
- Coastal Georgia Birding
- Coastal Georgia Greenway he Coastal Georgia Greenway is envisioned as a 450-mile trail system, which will connect South Carolina to Florida through Georgia’s six coastal counties. This alternative transportation network will link the towns, attractions, recreational sites, historic and cultural sites, waterways and natural habitats of the coast. A series of trails suitable for bicyclists, joggers, equestrians, canoeists, kayakers, and other non-motorized users will be built. The centerpiece of the Coastal Georgia Greenway is a continuous trail connecting South Carolina to Florida as part of the East Coast Greenway along various north-south routes including the U.S. Highway 17 corridor, abandoned rail corridors, and historic canal corridors, from which visitors can sample coastal imagery.
- EarthShare of Georgia Earth Share of Georgia offers citizens one smart and simple way to care for our air, land and water. As Georgia’s only dedicated environmental fund, Earth Share partners with Georgia businesses and employees to support 60 leading environmental groups through workplace campaigns, Earth Day and other activities
- Georgia’s Green Pages .
- Georgia Interfaith Power & Light Our mission is to engage communities of faith in stewardship of God’s Creation as a direct reflection of our faithfulness through worship, education,and the sustainable generation and efficient use of energy.
- Georgia Outdoors is a TV show that takes viewers across the state to learn about the many ways we can protect and enjoy the environment.
- Georgia Recycling Coalition Our mission is to complement and coordinate activities relative to recycling, to foster communications among professionals, organizations, government agencies and individuals, and to promote and enhance reduction and recycling programs throughout the state.
- Georgia Sea Turtle Through sea turtle rehabilitation, research and education programs, the Georgia Sea Turtle Center will increase awareness of habitat and wildlife conservation challenges, promote responsibility for ecosystem health and empower individuals to act locally, regionally, and globally to protect the environment.
- Litter it Cost You The State of Georgia launched the Litter. It Costs You campaign in August 2006. An integrated and comprehensive approach to litter, the campaign encompasses education, eradication and enforcement to clean up Georgia. The campaign leverages the resources of state agencies, city and county governments, and volunteer organizations to engage the public and effect change.
- Mountain Freak -Everyday guide to the North Georgia Mountains
- The Beauty that Surrounds Us To help make people aware of the beauty of Georgia. In particular Coastal Georgia and the immediate surrounding areas. To make people more aware of the environment, the marsh, rivers, beaches, animals, birds, Jekyll Island, conservation and everyday sites that we take for granted. We as a society are always in a hurry. Our area is rapidly growing. We should slow down and take a look around and appreciate what we have before we lose it all.
- In Town Atlanta- A Guide to an Eco Friendly lifestyle
- Blog Macon– Not really green, but couldn’t find anything else.
- The Creative Coast
- Dig in with Farmer D First hand farm stories, experiences and philosophies from Farmer D. Technical know-how on organic and biodynamic farming with ventures into social justice, food security, green business, alternative energy, permaculture and much more. The weekly newsletter highlights happenings on the farm and notes from the fields at Hampton Island Preserve.
- Green Drinks (Savannah)
- Green Space (Savannah) social network for green activists and businesses in the Savannah metro area.
- Green Life Space
- Pinch of the Past (Savannah) Retail Store- Salvage
- Savannah Daydreaming STRIVING FOR A SUSTAINABLE LIFESTYLE, WITHOUT BEING A NUT ABOUT IT
- Savannah Garden Diary
- Structured Green (retail Store) Structured Green was created by two designers who were looking for furniture that was designed in line with their philosophy: respect for the environment. After a time-consuming search, they decided to start a company that would carry only eco-quality furniture and accessories.
- Sustainable Savannah:
- Hester and Zipperers Lawn and Garden Blog We began, in 1922,as a Feed & Seed store at Savannah’s historic City Market where Vinnie Van Go-Go’s Pizza resides. We since have blossomed into two locations on Skidaway Road and Wilmington Island.