Sustainable, Eco Friendly and Green Resources and Blogs in Rhode Island
- Eco Depot Eco-Depot is a free service for Rhode Islanders who wish to dispose of their household hazardous waste safely and properly. The service is available by appointment only. For a list of collection dates and other pertinent information including the types of waste Eco-Depot accepts, please read all pages in this section of our website.
- The ResourceXchange is a free service provided by the Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation ( RIRRC ). The service is designed to help businesses find markets for non-hazardous materials that have been traditionally discarded.
- ResourceXchange helps businesses, non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and government agencies save resources and money. The program conserves energy, resources, and landfill space by helping businesses and organizations find alternatives to the disposal of valuable materials or wastes
- Aperion Institute To transform Rhode Island into a sustainable state where the needs of the present are met without compromising the needs of future generations. By promoting sustainable living practices we act as a catalyst to creating healthy communities. We lead by example and serve as an information portal that educates, connects and inspires individuals, families, schools, businesses, communities, governments and other institutions to live more sustainably.
- CleanScape Provide high quality waste reduction, shredding, landscaping and recycling services to businesses and institutions in the metropolitan Providence area and throughout Rhode Island. Contribute to the economic, societal and environmental revitalization of South Providence
- Environmental Rhode Island
- Farm Fresh Rhode Island Farm Fresh Rhode Island is growing a local food system that values the environment, health and quality of life of Rhode Island farmers and eaters.
- Green Living RI Green Living RI is dedicated to providing news, information, and product recommendations for living a green, environmentally friendly lifestyle.We like to write about recycling, composting, reusing – anything promoting sustainability. Check out our monthly newsletter and ourarticles on our website about composting, recycling, etc.
- Green Zone GreenZoneRI.org is Rhode Island’s one-stop shopping resource for business recycling solutions. When your business enters the Green Zone, you will receive free custom advice on how to adopt best environmental practices.
- Greening the Rhode Island Economy (www.greeningrieconomy.com) This website, created on September 15, 2008, provides ways for Rhode Islanders to find information about what a Green Economy is and how we can develop a Green Economy for Rhode Island. You can join and create blogs and pages on Green Economy resources, and collaborate on issues in forums.
- Natural News Network NNN is Rhode Island’s own online magazine about your environment — the news and info you need to explore it, have fun outside, keep up with local issues, live greener, and get involved. Included are links to all local environmental organizations.
- Peoples Power and Light People’s Power & Light is a nonprofit organization dedicated to making energy more affordable and sustainable. We do this by leveraging consumer power—your power—foraffordable heating oil and for clean, renewable energy.
- Sustainable Coastal Communities Through its 30-year history in coastal management, the Rhode Island Sea Grant College Program/University of Rhode Island Coastal Resources Center has developed tools for public particpation, policy development, training resource managers, and program evaluation with a focus on sustainable coastal communities.
- Sustainable Tourism Lab: During the past few years, the lab has conducted a number of workshops and conferences, and assisted several communities with their strategic tourism planning. In addition, its parent agency, the Blackstone Valley Tourism Council, was recently awarded the World Trade & Tourism Council’s Destination Award in part for its efforts at incorporating sustaining tourism principles into its programming and promotion of tourism in the Blackstone Valley region of Rhode Island.
- Sustainable Rhode Island – The Sustainable RI Directory is designed to provide easy access to those in your community who are working toward a Sustainable future. A joint venture of theApeiron Institute for Environmental Living and the Rhode Island Sustainability Coalition, the site allows Rhode Islanders to connect with the institutions, organizations, and individuals who work to embody sustainable living principles in their businesses, schools, organizations and communities. The site was created in June of 2004. We hope to eventually expand the site to other states, and maybe even other countries, so eventually the Sustainable RI Web site will become the Sustainable New England, or Sustainable US Web site, and maybe, someday, the Sustainable World Web site.
- Green Envy ( Retail)Eco-friendly & Fair Trade Clothing and Gifts
- Projo– Green Pages
- The Providential GardenerThe Providential Gardener brings together the Growing Community of gardeners and caretakers of urban farms, parks and other public spaces, as well as individuals and families who tend their own gardens around their homes or in pots on the porch, in Providence, Rhode Island. Of course, since Rhode Island is such a small area, a sort of city-state, the Providential Gardener’s interests extend well beyond the city line and include activities of organizations in the Providence metropolitan area as well as the whole state
- Sustainable Sakonnet I’m a marketing and communications professional who is connecting my business background with my personal passion for pro-environmental action. I live in Tiverton, RI, with my family, gardens, and compost piles.