I originally started out this blog because I couldn’t find anything ‘Eco Friendly’ in doing my remodel in San Diego. It started out just San Diego, then went to California and then went national. There is no way, just me could provide all the necessary information to find local sources for all your green needs.
So I came up with this idea to provide you local green, eco resources and information by state from your local blogs and websites. Even then culling through the over 35 Million blogs is a huge effort, but at least I hopefully will save you the endless hours it takes to find your local sources.
This is certainly not all the local green and eco blogs, but it’s a good start! If you have a local green blog, dedicated to your city, state or regional, please let me know and I will publish.
This list got so long, that all updates will be in the category of your state, all you have to do is click your state and hopefully it will send you to the right place.
Thanks for your patience.
National Resources- the following have zip code locators on site
- Bottle Bill Resource Guide Today, litter prevention is still a potent motivation for activists, although many bottle bill efforts are also being driven by the desire to increase recycling and promote producer responsibility. Government-funded studies conducted pre- and post-bottle bill in seven states showed reductions in beverage container litter ranging from 69% to 84%, and reductions in total litter ranging from 30% to 65%. More studies, described below, affirm 4 basic conclusions about bottle bills
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency -information on the DSIRE web site provides an overview of incentives and other policies, but it should not be used as the only source of information when making purchasing decisions, investment decisions, tax decisions or other binding agreements. Please refer to the individual contact provided in each record to verify that a specific incentive or other policy is applicable to your specific project.
- Earth 911– by zip code guide where to recycle anything
- Eco Localizer: Think globally, act locally has been a mantra for the environmental movement for decades. At EcoLocalizer, you can find local news and information about citizens, organizations and businesses that are taking positive green steps forward in their neighborhoods and communities.
- Eco- Net- listing of Environmental Organizations by State – Great Site -.
- Ecovian: Ecovian is an online green city guide created by a community of passionate members dedicated to living a sustainable lifestyle. Ecovian city guides are a comprehensive sources of regional green living information, covering topics such as where to find organic & local food (CSA programs, farmers markets, organic restaurants, grocery stores, etc.), natural clothing & baby stores, eco-friendly cleaning services, solar system installers, and many other green resources & local businesses. City guides also provide an up to date calendar of upcoming green & environmental lectures, talks, and events, and a community discussion group where the latest regional environmental news & policy issues are posted and discussed Ecovian city guides are currently provided for the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, New York City, San Diego, Sacramento, Portland, Denver, and Chicago areas
- Gen Green Life: Find retail and consumer products including: Clothing and Accessories (organic, recycled, fair-trade, sustainable), Jewelry, Shoes, Baby and Kids Products, Bags and Backpacks, Food and Beverage, Furniture (sustainable, fair-trade), Textiles, Transportation, Skin and Body Care, Home and Office Supplies, Promotional Services, Gifts, Yard and Garden Products, Toys, Consumer Organizations and Resources, Books, Music and Art, Recycling and Composting Products, Recycled Products, Alternative Energy Products, Sports and Outdoor, Green Retailers, Fitness and Yoga, and more!
- Got Compost – This has everything you need to know about compost with a dealer locator on the site
- Green Eco Communities
- Green Eco Services:
- Green Homes for Sale – Registrar, List and browse national listing of green homes
- Green Home Guide – Northern California, Los Angeles and New York
- Green People– Listing by state of local retailers
- I Buy It Green: Scroll through- plug in your zip code for local sources.
- Listed Green- MLS for Green, Sustainable Energy Efficient Properties
- Low Impact Living– Great Website, which has a section where you can find the your closest retailer
- National Green Building Program Through the National Green Building Program, the National Association of Home Builders is helping its members move the practice of green building into the mainstream. Energy efficiency, water and resource conservation, sustainable or recycled products, and indoor air quality are increasingly incorporated into the everyday process of home building.
- Sustainable Woods Network Sustainable Woods Network is joint project of the Community Forestry Resource Center in the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy, Minneapolis, MN, and the National Community Forestry Business Alliance of Portland, OR. The Network’s purpose is to help speed advancement of the quality and native diversity of our woodlands while strengthening the rural economy.
- Seven Star Inc– Green Event Planner Seven-Star, Inc. is a minority woman and family owned company. Since 1999, our firm has provided turn-key green event services for festivals, trade and consumer expositions, conferences, concerts, and mobile tours.
- Top 10 Garbloggers: These Top 10 garbloggers are taking the world of trash to task by going to great lengths ““ and even extremes ““ to make sure their consumer waste stays out of the landfill. A garblogger, if you’re unfamiliar with the term, is a green lifestyle blogger who writes about one particular slovenly subject ““ garbage. Our consumption compulsions are trashing the planet, they say, and their aim is to get folks thinking about what it really means when we throw something “away.
- Vivavi; Modern Green Living- Vivavi develops forward-thinking ventures designed to enable modern green living. Through its retail arm, Vivavi offers modern style, eco-friendly furniture and home furnishings. Vivavi’s companion resource, Modern Green Living, enables consumers to find newly built green residences and green home professionals throughout the United States and Canad
- Wiser Earth– Has listing by state of local ‘organizations’
- Practical Eco – High Performance building and ideas for the Southeast
Alabama (click to see more resources )
- Alabama Eco Expeditions
- Everything, AL
- Farmers Market Authority
- Green Home Alabama –
- Green Eco Communities
- Left in Alabama :community blog for progressive politics, ideas and current events in Alabama.
- Green Passion– Eco Friendly Singles in Alabama
- Huntsville Eco Neighborhood
- Active Rain– Green Real Estate
- Eco Friendly Alabama T-shirt
Alaska (click to see more resources)
- Alaska Rants: Directory of Alaska Blogs (Great List)
- ADN- Green This is the place for those who want to walk the talk on green living. Interested in the latest news on curbside recycling? Have a suggestion or idea about how to make Anchorage a greener community? Look no further than this recycling blog. Anchorage is moving fast to become a leader in protecting our environment, reducing climate change impacts, and hopefully saving money in the process. Join longtime Alaskans Nick Moe and Kevin Harun in sharing your latest thoughts on recycling and sustainability.
- Alaska 20/20
- Alaskan Division of Forestry
- Alaska Eco Tours
- Alaska Building Science Network In professional and voluntary roles, we have been providing Alaskans with residential construction and energy efficient building services for over 20 years. Coming from areas as diverse as Juneau, Unalaska, Kotzebue, and the Railbelt, we share a common goal of keeping Alaskans up-to-date on issues affecting building science and energy efficiency.
- Alaska Center for the Environment Alaska Center for the Environment is Alaska’s largest home-grown citizen’s group working for the sensible stewardship of Alaska’s natural environment. With 7,000 dues-paying members from around the state, Alaska Center for the Environment is your voice for public lands conservation, clean air, clean water, and livable places.
- Anchorage Water and Wastewater Utility Anchorage Water & Wastewater Utility is dedicated to serving our community’s public health needs by providing reliable, quality water and wastewater services in an environmentally sound and sustainable manner
- Sustainable Anchorage: Sustainable Anchorage is a non-profit citizens’ group dedicated to education and activism about all matters concerning sustainability, conservation and social justice. S.A. offers sustainable, Alaska-specific solutions for businesses, government and civil society in Alaska.
- Sustainable Homer What started out as an informational forum on sustainability at Islands and Ocean Visitors Center the fall of ’07 has become a wave of energy focused on making Homer a better place to live, work, and play. Sustainability hits a chord with Alaskans who are both independent by nature and, like here in Homer, dependant on nature.
- Fairbanks Life
- Eco Tours– Homer Treat yourself, your friends and family to a day of wildlife photography, Ecotourism, Remote beachcombing, pristine wilderness. Whether a day trip or a weekly charter, we ca
- Sustainable Juneau
- Juneau Freecycle he Juneau Freecycle™ Network is open to all who want to “recycle” that special something rather than throw it away. Whether it’s a chair, a fax machine, piano or an old door, feel free to post it. Or maybe you’re looking to acquire something yourself! Nonprofit groups are also welcome to participate too!
- Juneau Urban Forest Partnerships
- UAA Office of Sustainability
- Juneau Biodiesel website is currently under construction. Check back often for news, calender events, and energy issues related to Southeast Alaska, Alaska, The United States, North America, and the World. As our energy dependence grows, so does our need to meet that demand in a responsible, rational, and renewable manner to maintain our lifestyle and the environment we enjoy. What we do here and now will affect the rest of the planet in ways large and small. By becoming an involved community in the matters of energy issues we can look for solutions and methods that may become an example and beacon for other communities.
- Juneau Eco Mommie his blog reflects me, my family, my 2nd pregnancy and raising a 3 year old in this crazy world, trying to make every day beautiful..
- Juneau Freewheelers – bicycle club
- Juneau Watershed Partnership The mission of the Juneau Watershed Partnership is to promote watershed integrity in the City and Borough of Juneau through education, research and communication while encouraging sustainable use and development.
- Litter Free– (Juneau) Nonprofit organization formed in 1985 for the express purpose of creating a cleaner environment and encouraging recycling within the City and Borough of Juneau. Our marine environment, with its many streams, rivers, lakes and salt waterways, is very important to us. Marine litter is just as unacceptable as any other.T
- Sustainable Kodiak
- The Kodiak Perspective
- Southeast Alaska Master Gardeners
Arkansas (click to see more resources)
Arkansas Carbon Footprint Score
|Carbon Footprint Score||#18|
Arkansas Carbon Emissions Score
|Carbon Emissions Score||#35|
Arkansas Energy Consumption = Highest among other States
|Natural Gas Usage||25th|
- Arkansas Matters:
- Bull Shoals Backyard Habitat
- Van Buren Directory of Green Articles
- Little Rock Green Drinks (Sustain Arkansas)
- Spirit of Eureka: Articles, news and upcoming events and resources for Conscious Living in Eureka Springs and Northwest Arkansas.
Arizona (click to see more resources)
- A Green Arizona — A GreenArizona.org is a unique concept to help Arizona go green!
- Arizona Gas Prices
- AZ Central
- Arizona Registrar of Contractors
- Arizona Conservation Partnership
- Arizona Earth First
- Coconino County Building Program
- Sustainable Arizona
- USGBC- Arizona Chapter
- Phoenix Green Chamber of Commerce Our mission is to promote the success of businesses committed to environmental and social responsibility. In the next month we will be rolling-out a new website that will be a resource for businesses, non-profits, and individuals looking to make an impact.
- Phoenix Green Homes
- Scottsdale Green Building Program
- A.K.A. Green (Retail Green Building Store)
- Tucson Greener Cleaners Greener Cleaners is a licensed and insured small business in Tucson that specializes in residential and commercial cleaning. We only utilize products that are non-toxic and environmentally friendly.
- Mrs Green Goes Mainstream Mrs. Green Goes Mainstream is an all-green talk radio show broadcast every Saturday at 12:05 PST on KNST 790 AM, and can be heard live streaming atwww.knst.com. Mrs. Green interviews exciting and fun guests from all over the country covering every green topic you can imagine: solar, fashion, food, gardening, school programs, alternative fuel, organic wines, green golf courses, sustainability. It’s all on the list! Bringing her passion and energy to the show, Mrs. Green asks “what if living green can be fun?” Listeners from all over the country can call in to talk to Mrs. Green to ask.
- Sustainable Tucson The purpose of Sustainable Tucson is to facilitate an inclusive, dynamic community-building process that ensures economic prosperity, social vibrancy, and ecological health.
- Tucson Building Codes
- Technicians for Sustainability Our mission is to help you translate your environmental values into a practical reality. We install high-quality, clean, renewable energy systems and rainwater catchment systems built to last. Our goal is to ensure that southern Arizona’s natural resources are used efficiently and with respect for present and future needs. Committed to walking our talk, we live with the systems we install, make fuel-efficient transportation choices, and strive to do business with companies that hold values, standards and ethics in line with ours.
California– (click to see more resources)
- Green Resource Business Network
- Green Stock Consulting Greenstock LLC seeks to develop biodiesel feedstocks within California for California Biodiesel Producers. We promote a sustainable biodiesel industry that sources multiple feedstocks from within each producers local area (within 100 miles). We encourage new producers to install multi-feedstock processors so that they have the flexibility and agility to use the cheapest feedstock available at any time.
- State of California Green Building Directory
- California Energy Blog
- California Green Solutions- About California Green Solutions business media and information for California green and sustainable business solutions
- Southern California Gardening
- So Cal Green Real Estate
- California Green Works (Los Angeles)
- Fair Trade Los Angeles Fair Trade LA is an open, democratically organized group of people who are working for proactive, ideal/realistic solutions in a global movement for social and environmental justice.
- Green LA Girl Fair trade, local politics, and ethical consumerism in Los Angeles.
- Marin County Green Business Progam
- Oakland Public Works- Green Building
- Safe Green Oakland
- The Oakland Berkeley Journal
- Living Green in Orange County
- Going Green in Orange County
- Our Green Community This group is for Sacramento eco-urbanists who want to connect with others who believe and live the same way.
- Green Sacramento (Blog, but also have green building Center_
- Green Sacramento -Green Building Center Retail
- Green Homes- San Diego
- Live Green SD – Consulting company that provides green solutions to everyday needs, was founded in 2006 in Encinitas, California by husband and wife Wayne & Amanda Green.They use the knowledge gained through the personal experience of reducing our impact on the environment to educate the public by providing simple solutions to everyday problems. LiveGreen has established collaborations with local companies to provide green services and products for our clients. We have established personal relationships with the companies and test each service or product.LiveGreen is committed to reducing its impact on the environment and is working towards a zero footprint. With renewable solar electricity for our facilities, as well as recycling and composting our waste, we are well on our way. Until they reach our goal of zero waste, we will offset 100% of our remaining waste with TerraPass.
- San Diego Green Business Network
- San Diego Loves Green
- San Diego Natural Guide
- Surf eCo- San Diego’s first ever eco-friendly surfing school offers surf classes, surf lessons (including private and group lessons), weekend surfing workshops and more.
- Green Business Program
- Green Team of San Jose Green Team of San Jose local San Francisco Bay Area recycling company providing innovative collection and processing services to the City of San José. We specialize in implementing comprehensive recycling and garbage collection programs that go a step beyond most curbside services. Our approach to recycling is to divert as much and as many different types of material as economically as we can, and to put them to the “highest and best use” in the recycling marketplace.
San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo
- Built Green Santa Barbara Built Green Santa Barbara was created by the Santa Barbara Contractor’s Association and offers a rating system for green home remodels and new commercial construction
- Community Environmental Council The Community Enviromental Coucil’s mission is to provide local solutions to global climate change.
- County of Santa Barbara– Planning and Development -The County of Santa Barbara Innovative Review Committee offers incentives for residents and businesses in the county to build green.
- Eco Errands
- Green Santa Barbara
- Green Homes Santa Barbara
- Green Projects– Santa Barbara County
- Living Green (Retail Store)
- The Santa Barbara Blog
- Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
- Sustainable Santa Barbara Information provided by the City of Santa Barbara on waste prevention, water quality, conservation and habitat restoration and climate protection
- Greening SF–
- Greenopia (San Francisco_
Colorado (click to see more resources)
- Colorado Energy News At Colorado Energy News, we believe strongly that only a genuinely bipartisan approach to energy involving industry, environmentalists and policymakers will truly lead to greater energy independence. We cannot afford to forfeit this opportunity by not working together. Keeping track of the events and developments is no easy task. That’s why we’re here. To give you the big picture by delivering the latest news, features, insight and analysis right to your desktop 24/7.
- Colorado For Free: Let us be your Colorado guides to free activities, free events, free tours, free music, free samples, and many other FREE things to see and do throughout Colorado.
- Redirect Guide ReDirect Guide’s on-line directory, your easy to use guide for finding businesses, services, and information that cater to your healthy and responsible lifestyle!
- Southern Rockies Nature Blog
- Two Knobby Tires: Colorado hiking trail maps, Colorado mountain bike trails, Colorado camping sites, Colorado summit videos
- Jeffco Gardener- Colorado State University Extension Master Gardener, gardening in Jefferson County, Colorado.
- Etsian Blogs: Esty is a great craft website devoted to reusing materials to make great things.
- Boulder Green Drinks We are an informal group of green thinking government officials, business owners, students, home owners and curious people that get together once a month to meet, greet, discuss, share, catch-up, eat, explore and chat all while enjoying our most favorite sustainable libations.
- Boulder Space
- Ellies Home Store (Retail Store- Boulder)
- Eco Boulder: (not much on there, )
- Eco-Cycle (Boulder)
- Boulder Listing of Eco Friendly Companies
- My Wildlife Sightings (Colorado Springs)
- A View of the Rockies C ommentary, analysis, data, theory, questions, and policy recommendations on economic development issues impacting Denver and the Rocky Mountain West from the perspective of a native Coloradan who has been living on the American coasts but retains a connection to Colorado (and is a life long Colorado Buffaloes and Denver Broncos fan).
- Tastefully Green: Founded in Denver, CO in 2008, Tastefully Green is a one stop shop for green living products for customer who value the environment and who are searching for a sustainable way of life. Tastefully Green aims to educate customers on why the products represented are a sensible solution to wasteful commercial products. Tastefully Green will provide facts on each of it’s pages to offer some insight on little things we can do to live a greener, healthier life.
- Greenopia (Denver)
- Colorado Green Tech Meet Up
- HubbBuzz – Neighborhood Apartment blog which includes a green category
- Metro Denver Green Party
- Eco Cleaning (Ft. Collins)
- Eco Products (local online resource for all things Green
- Green Drinks (Ft. Collins) Green Drinks Fort Collins is an Eco Get-Together that gives people the chance to socialize, network, learn and just simply have fun. We meet monthly on the 4th Wednesday of the month (usually) about 6:00 pm. Since January 2007, we have continued to build an eclectic and informed group with lots to share in the greening of the Fort Collins area. Please join us for future events!
- Green Homes For Sale (Ft Collins)
- Green Logic (Ft. Collins) Retail Store
- Recycling (Ft. Collins)
- Laughing, loving and living in Ouray Ouray Colorado is town of 850 full time residents. It is a bit like Northern Exposure, especially in the Winter. It is a town of unparalleled beauty and outdoor activities are abundant. Ouray is also the home of the worlds first Ice Park.
- Pagosa Springs Blog living in a small town in southern colorado on a lake with geese. i write and speak about living from the heart, moving through fear into abundance, and living the life of your dreams.
Connecticut (click to see more resources)
- Building CT Green
- Connecticut Energy Blog
- Connecticut Waste Vegetable Oil List
- CT Environmental Headlines
- CT Green Scene
- Gruppie Girl A stay at home mom who is actually enjoying life in the suburbs! Stuck between having the facade of a yuppie and a granola heart. Gruppie power!
- Monster e-cycling Green Monster e-cycling has quickly become one of the premier computer and electronics recycling companies in the Connecticut and surrounding states
- Green Vibration Retail Store (Hartford) Interested in Living a More Sustainable Life? Now is the time to get involved! Consider becoming a member of The Growing Green Co-op! Member benefits include participation in a state-wide delivery of sustainable goods – biofuels, local produce, organic bulk foods, raw food to go boxes, toxic free house cleaning products, organic linens, eco-friendly body care lines and other “green” products/services will be delivered to co-op members state-wide starting this fall that will grow our local economy.
|ASSOCIATIONS, NETWORKS AND NEWSLETTERS|
Northeast Energy Efficiency Council
Business association for firms that provide energy efficiency products and services. Group is committed to making New England more energy efficient on both the legislative and regulatory sides.
Helpful tips from a very hip, green architecture firm in Norwalk, CT. WinterGreen has a little something for everyone.
This site sponsored by the non-profit Northeast Sustainable Energy Association, has a neat sustainable yellow pages that allows you to search for products and services within the Northeast region.Building Commissioning Association
Commissioning is a term often associated with boats and the same holds true for the green building world. It means that all operating systems have been reviewed and documented to a certain standard. Commissioning can take place for both existing and new construction. This site is a good starting place.
The site, sponsored by Northeast Organic Farmers Association/CT & MA chapters, has a good publication section to assist you in understanding organic lawn care. The books are pretty inexpensive and the contribution goes to a good cause. The site also has a list of accredited organic landscapers.
This is a great site produced by the CT Department of Environmental Protection. It covers all things having to do with recycling in Connecticut. Areas such as electronics disposal, household hazardous waste disposal, and buying recycled products.
Find out about how you can go solar at home. This site provides information on Connecticut’s Residential Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Incentive Program. The program creates certain incentives for users. Find out if solar is for you.
WATER MDC-Hartford County
Yes, much of central Connecticut knows that the MDC is there to provide potable water and sewage services. Did you know that the MDC also currently handles waste transportation and processing operations associated with the Mid-Connecticut Project.
A non-profit serving around 400,000 consumers in the New Haven area. Follow the ABC H2O link to find out about The Whitney Water Center or Project W.A.T.E.R.. The WWC is an innovative educational center in New Haven where they offer hands-on water science.
Aquarion’s principal business is public water supply, serving some of New England and parts of New York. On the non-regulated front, the company offers specialty services including engineering consultant services and consumer water line protection plans.
Everything you want to know about LEED is here. Check in on occasion for LEED updates as new categories are being formed. The site includes PDF templates of forms needed to register a project.
State association is a resource that offers CT based LEED training classes. The non-profit also holds a series of workshops on green building topics and seminars on green buildings.
A site to show how states are promoting energy efficiency through laws and regulations. Check by state or by policy area. Homeowners should look for the Energy Hogs link to see how one could lower energy bills by up to 50% by making some smart energy home improvements.
The EPA does a great job on this site of breaking down issues that are relative to Region 1 (New England). One scroll over tab gives the days air quality forecast or click the link for the New England Regional Lab and read all about how it was built.
- Delaware Energy Office
- Eco Delaware -Connects residents and travelers with outdoor places and activities in the First State. In this way, we hope to increase awareness, appreciation and, ultimately, environmental stewardship for the Delaware Estuary and similar river-to-sea watersheds.
- Green Delaware- Green Delaware is a grassroots organization concerned with environmental and public health issues in Delaware and surrounding states. We advocate policies consistent with good health, preservation of biodiversity, and long term sustainability. We believe that achieving these ends also requires progress towards human relationships based on peace, justice, and democratic forms of government.
- Green Delaware (another one) Welcome to Green Delaware. The site for saving money and going green in the first state. Have questions about “greening up” your lifestyle or business? Want to save money on your energy bills? Need help with rebates and incentives for green projects? Want to know how to get cash back on Energy Star appliances? Want to chime in on green issues in Delaware? Need answers about green building techniques and super efficient heating and cooling options? You’ve come to the right place!
- Green Delaware Recycling Green Delaware Recycling is a grass roots recycling company, serving businesses and public entities through consulting and material recovery services. Our goal is to provide the Delaware community with multiple avenues of sustainability. By empowering the public with the appropriate knowledge, tools, and materials we hope to reduce the waste stream by 51%. GDR is young, passionate and determined to find a solution.
Florida (click to see more resources)
- Central Florida Green Guide Resources for Eco-Conscious, Natural-Minded Families in the Orlando Area (green living, organic foods, holistic health, instinctive parenting, and more)
- Cracker Boy
- Eco Florida
- Eco Centre- Lake Worth- True examples of environmental responsibility in the workhgin. Entire building is living because it lives on it’s own ecosystem
- Eco Lakeland A portal to Lakeland, Florida eco-friendly ‘green’ living. Tips, tricks, ideas, information. Why and how we should live green and be self-sufficient.
- Florida Eco Trips
- Florida Environment Blog
- Florida Friendly Landscaping Environmental protection begins in your yard. Learn about Florida-friendly landscaping, pick up some landscaping tips and see examples of landscape designs.
- Florida Green Building he Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) is a nonprofit Florida corporation dedicated to improving the built environment. Our mission is “to provide a statewide green building program with environmental and economic benefits.”
- Florida Living Green Blog
- Florida Solar Energy Center
- Florida Springs A blog dedicated to the 700+ springs located throughout Florida and those rivers that are spring-fed
- Florida TreeHugger:
- Go Green-Florida International University
- Green Party of Florida
- Green Lodging Florida -The Florida Green Lodging Program is an effort by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection to encourage the lodging industry to conserve and protect Florida’s natural resources. Hotels and Motels that implement a waste reduction plan can save money and get good publicity while helping the environment.
- Green Roofs in Florida Want to learn about Green Roofs in Florida – Florida Vegetated or Garden Roofs as they are commonly known…. Stay tuned into the Green Roof Blog! Florida Green Roofs – Building a Green Roof in Florida
- MetroVerde (Jacksonville) Restoring Green to the Urban Core
- Urban Jacksonville
- Sustainabuild (N. Florida) Jacksonville, Florida, United States This blog is maintained by Ellen Reed, LEED AP, Director of Business Development for Breaking Ground Contracting Company, State of Florida certified WBE and JSEB commercial general contracting firm that focuses on green building, LEED and sustainable practices. We promote sustainability both internally and externally and are continually looking for opportunities to educate on the benefits of “green” building.
- The Florida Wave (old blog)
- Green Tallahassee
- Acorn -Real Estate
- Greener Miami
- Green Orlando GreenOrlando is committed to helping preserve and improve the quality of life available to all residents of Central Florida. Its mission is to help individuals, families, businesses and organizations reach their fullest potential and accomplish their evolving goals. This mission is expressed through eight quality of life aspects that are held in dynamic tension: Art, Balance, Ethics, Faith, Fitness, Nature, Teamwork and Sustainability.
- Living Green– Palm Beach
- Solar State Solutions
- Going Green Tampa Bay
- Green Tampa
- Tampa Bay
- St. Johns River St. Johns River Blog is sponsored by Jincy and Ruairi Songer of Jacksonville, Florida. As part of our homeschool science program, we are documenting the effects of urban stormwater on the St. Johns river system. We believe that educating the public about the importance of how their daily activities can significantly impact on of the world’s greatest river systems! Join us as we explore Florida Green Roofs, Living Walls, Stormwater swales, rain gardens, and rain barrel systems!!!
Georgia (click to see more resources)
- Black Girl Gone Green- I want to do more to save the environment. I want to write a book and I eventually will take the plunge into going natural with my hair.
- Coastal Georgia Birding
- Coastal Georgia Greenway he Coastal Georgia Greenway is envisioned as a 450-mile trail system, which will connect South Carolina to Florida through Georgia’s six coastal counties. This alternative transportation network will link the towns, attractions, recreational sites, historic and cultural sites, waterways and natural habitats of the coast. A series of trails suitable for bicyclists, joggers, equestrians, canoeists, kayakers, and other non-motorized users will be built. The centerpiece of the Coastal Georgia Greenway is a continuous trail connecting South Carolina to Florida as part of the East Coast Greenway along various north-south routes including the U.S. Highway 17 corridor, abandoned rail corridors, and historic canal corridors, from which visitors can sample coastal imagery.
- Georgia Outdoors is a TV show that takes viewers across the state to learn about the many ways we can protect and enjoy the environment.
- Georgia Sea Turtle Through sea turtle rehabilitation, research and education programs, the Georgia Sea Turtle Center will increase awareness of habitat and wildlife conservation challenges, promote responsibility for ecosystem health and empower individuals to act locally, regionally, and globally to protect the environment.
- Mountain Freak -Everyday guide to the North Georgia Mountains
- The Beauty that Surrounds Us To help make people aware of the beauty of Georgia. In particular Coastal Georgia and the immediate surrounding areas. To make people more aware of the environment, the marsh, rivers, beaches, animals, birds, Jekyll Island, conservation and everyday sites that we take for granted. We as a society are always in a hurry. Our area is rapidly growing. We should slow down and take a look around and appreciate what we have before we lose it all.
- The Creative Coast
- Dig in with Farmer D First hand farm stories, experiences and philosophies from Farmer D. Technical know-how on organic and biodynamic farming with ventures into social justice, food security, green business, alternative energy, permaculture and much more. The weekly newsletter highlights happenings on the farm and notes from the fields at Hampton Island Preserve.
- Green Drinks (Savannah)
- Green Space (Savannah) social network for green activists and businesses in the Savannah metro area.
- Green Life Space
- Pinch of the Past (Savannah) Retail Store- Salvage
- Savannah Daydreaming STRIVING FOR A SUSTAINABLE LIFESTYLE, WITHOUT BEING A NUT ABOUT IT
- Savannah Garden Diary
- Structured Green (retail Store) Structured Green was created by two designers who were looking for furniture that was designed in line with their philosophy: respect for the environment. After a time-consuming search, they decided to start a company that would carry only eco-quality furniture and accessories.
- Sustainable Savannah:
- Hester and Zipperers Lawn and Garden Blog We began, in 1922,as a Feed & Seed store at Savannah’s historic City Market where Vinnie Van Go-Go’s Pizza resides. We since have blossomed into two locations on Skidaway Road and Wilmington Island.
Hawaii (Click to see more Resouces)
- Green Maui
- Green Maui Guide The GreenMaui Guide.com is “Where Green Makes Sense.” It is THE place to get eco-news and feature articles about Maui.It is written for consumers not environmental extremists. Its underlying theme is to protect the planet through consumer initiative one person at a time.. It finds new products and practices and shares them with consumers. The Green Maui Guide is a resource for living green.
- Maui Green Energy
- Island Green (Kauai)
- Go Kauai
- Leaf Hawaii is a community-based ‘green’ nonprofit organization, which aims to create Food Systems that connect at-risk populations with affordable, nutritious food, and enable them to grow their own food wherever possible. As you visit us here, please ask yourself, what part can I play to help free my community from hunger and poverty?
- Sustainability in Hawaii
- Hawaii Building Guide
- Hawaii Ethanol Fuel Guide With a slow down in the economy and sky rocketing fuel prices many folks are looking at alternate methods of transportation. In Hawaii, there are a few alternatives but there is no mass transit system so many people still use their cars to get just about everywhere. Until a mass transit system is in place, folks looking to escape the crunch of rising fuel costs are taking the bus, biking to work or simply driving less.It is thought that turning to a “greener” source of energy may help to solve the problem of higher fuel prices. Enter Ethanol. The State of Hawaii is now using a blend of Ethanol in the gasoline it sells and there is no way around it. Has using ethanol helped with the rising cost of fuel or hurt it? Will the use of ethanol lead to other problems? We take a closer look at these subjects here on HawaiiEthanol.com.
- Hawaii Health Smart – One of Hawaii’s favorite health radio programs. Your host Sherrie Rodi talks with nutritional specialists from across the nation to bring you the latest health and nutritional information.
- Hawaii Green Pages – Mission is to support, encourage and inspire sustainable and renewable living in Hawaii. We welcome everyone who would like to increase their ‘green’ awareness to align their daily actions with their personal values by being part of the solution, living a healthier greener lifestyle and making informed choices.
- Hawaii Island Economic Development Board
Idaho (click to see more resources)
- Boise Coop
- Boise Bus Blog
- For the Love of Lavender Young Living Lavender Farms are located in Utah, Idaho, France, and Ecuador. From our home base in Mona, Utah, we are sharing with you the latest news on all things lavender–from beauty tips to recipes, there are so many ways to enjoy lavender!
- Idaho Panhandle
- Nampa Urban Renewal
- Organic Boise
- Tetons and Beyond
- The Hot Springs Guy TRAVELING TO UNIQUE BACKCOUNTRY HOT SPRINGS DESTINATIONS THROUGHOUT IDAHO, THE NORTHWEST US AND BEYOND. FEATURING HOT SPRINGS TRIP REPORTS, PICTURES, VIDEO CLIPS, ACTIVISM, NEWS AND MORE
Illinois (Click to see more resources)
- Energy Seeds Energy Seeds is a joint project of the Foundation for Environmental Education. A “blog” is a web log of journal entries. This Energy Seeds blog contains journal entries and stories about a number of projects that we have worked with over the past few years. It is intended to stimulate and catalyze new energy and environmental project ideas that build on our projects, and the ideas of our extended team. One of the ways in which we can do that is to provide you more than just the numbers and the data from each project. This site will provide you with the background on each project, the “behind-the-scenes” stories, and the thoughts, advice and contacts for the people who were involved in each project.
- Environment Illinois we all want clean air, clean water and open spaces. But it takes independent research and tough-minded advocacy to win concrete results for our environment, especially when powerful interests stand in the way of environmental progress. That’s the idea behind Environment Illinois. We focus exclusively on protecting Illinois’ air, water and open spaces. We speak out and take action at the local, state and national levels to improve the quality of our environment and our lives.
- Illinois Audubon Society
- Illinois Enviro Blog
- Illinois Environmental Council the Illinois Environmental Council promotes sound environmental laws and policies, provides a forum for environmentalists and facilitates a statewide activist network.
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Illinois Issues Blog follow state government news from the Capitol press room and write articles forIllinois Issues magazine, published by the Center for State Policy and Leadership at the University of Illinois at Springfield.
- Illinois Native Plant Society Members include professionals and amateurs who share an interest in all aspects of the flora native to the state of Illinois.
- Illinois Sierra Club
- Illinois Stewardship Alliance ISA is a citizen’s organization that promotes a safe and nutritious food system, family farming, and healthy communities by advocating diverse, humane, and socially just and ecologically sustainable production and marketing practices.
- Lincoln Memorial Garden & Nature Center Planned in 1936 by the landscape architect Jens Jensen, native plants are used in a naturalistic style to re-create the character of Illinois as Abraham Lincoln knew it in his youth. There are nature trails, wildflowers and meadows.
- Adams Wildlife Sanctuary Located just minutes from downtown Springfield, the Sanctuary provides an opportunity for urban children to experience hands-on activities and learn about the interdependence of plants, animals, and themselves.
- Prairie Rivers Network Prairie Rivers Network is Illinois’ only statewide river conservation organization, and we strive to protect the rivers and streams of Illinois and to promote the lasting health and beauty of watershed communities.
- Living Lands And Waters Living Lands & Waters is an environmental organization established by Chad Pregracke in 1998 and headquartered in East Moline, Illinois. Programs that Living Lands & Waters conducts are: Community Cleanups, Big River Educational Workshops, Riverbottom Forest Restoration and Adopt-a-Mississippi Mile.
- REP America (Republicans for Environmental Protection) REP America, a non-profit organization, was formed in 1995 to resurrect the GOP’s great conservation tradition and to restore natural resource conservation and sound environmental protection as fundamental elements of the Republican Party’s vision for America.
- The Green Party USA The Greens/Green Party USA is the original Green Party organization in the USA. It carries forward the radical vision of the early Greens based on grassroots political and economic democracy, nonviolence, social justice, and ecological sustainability.
- Greenpeace Greenpeace is the leading independent campaigning organization that uses non-violent direct action and creative communication to expose global environmental problems and to promote solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future.
- The Nature ConservancySince 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been working with communities, businesses and people like you to preserve the plants, animals and natural communities that represent the diversity of life on Earth by protecting the lands and waters they need to survive.
- Green Bean GreenBean is a news and discussion forum dedicated to reporting on built, in-progress, and unbuilt green building projects in Chicago.
- Chicago Lawn Company Guide We strive to offer the best lawn tips for Chicagoland residents. We also want to arm you with good and true information so you can choose a qualified landscaper and know what you are getting.
- Chicago Garbage Tax
- Chicago Sustainable Business Alliance
- Earthling Angst Journalit at Northwestern, including environment writing. My concern about the world we are leaving our children and grandchildren spurred me to learn more about global warming and share what I learn.
- Sangamon Valley Group (Sierra Club)
Indiana (click to see more resources )
- A Greener Indiana Indiana was ranked amongst states as 49th on Environment. Let’s all join together to make Indiana a better place to live and a more responsible citizen of the earth.
- From Brown to Green
- Green Build Indiana Carol Gulyas was for three years VP of the Illinois Solar Energy Association. She co-founded EcoAchievers LLC, a provider of online education for the sustainability community, and worked in the Direct Marketing industry in New York and Chicago. She is currently a web content manager at ChaCha.
- Green Cycle organic recycling company committed to producing high-quality landscape products. Our products include several varieties of mulch, compost, and topsoil. In addition, we provide mobile yard waste recycling and wood waste grinding services on your site.
- Indiana Living Green
- Indiana Native Plant and Wildflower Society Our mission is to promote the appreciation, preservation, conservation, utilization and scientific study of the flora native to Indiana and to educate the public about the values, beauty, diversity and environmental importance of indigenous vegetation.
- Indiana Sustainability Alliance The Indiana Sustainability Alliance (“INSA”) promotes the growth of the sustainable development, green building, renewable energy, water management, and clean technology industries in Indiana.
- Indy Green Business
- Innovating Indiana
- On Home Comfort
- Smaller Indiana A place where local professionals can discuss ways to make their businesses greene
- Sustainable Indiana 2016 Sustainable Indiana 2016 wiki! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together.
- Green Piece Indianapolis -Green Piece Indy is a twice-weekly email with tips on living greener in Indianapolis. If you’d like to learn more about how to make earth-friendly choices in Indy, please give us your email addy and zip code. Your information will not be shared with anyone and will only be used to send Green Piece Indy correspondence.
- Keep Indianapolis Beautiful
- Urban Indy
- Living Lightly Living Lightly is a FREE resource fair for sustainable lifestyles. Living Lightly is aimed at educating East Central Indiana residents about practical ways to live more sustainably, saving money and resources for themselves and future generations.
Iowa (click to see more resources)
- Iowa Go Green :
Farmers’ Markets – click on the events calendar to find one near you.
Iowa Renewable Energy Association (I-RENEW)
Click your state for more resources
- Prairie Dreams– Daily news and pictures from my life in tornado ravaged Greensburg Kansas, which is an entire town rebuilding as a Green town. We’re in the process of building a new house, and planning organic gardens to cover the rest of our 26,000 square foot lot. I also share a lot of “green” news and information that is important to my family, and hopefully yours, too!
- Kansas Cottage Garden Christine I’m a stay at home Mom with seven kids, trying to cram as many plants onto our half block as humanly possible.
- Kansas Cyclist Kansas Cyclist is the web’s premier resource for cycling in the great state of Kansas. Though not blessed with flashy features such as mountains or oceans, Kansas does offer subtle beauty to those who can appreciate the surprising diversity of landscapes and terrain within its borders.
- KC Freecycle
- Transform Topeka
- Cycling in Wichita
Click for more resources
- Sustainable Kentucky
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) – www.aashe.org – nationwide organization based in Lexington, KY whose mission is to “promote sustainability in all sectors of higher education through education, communication, research and professional development”
- Bluegrass Conservancy – www.bluegrassconservancy.org – the Bluegrass Conservancy is a nonprofit land trust dedicated to the preservation of rural farmland in the Bluegrass region
- Bluegrass Partnership for a Green Community –www.bluegrasspartnership.org – coalition of institutions and organizations geared to making Lexington and the Bluegrass region more sustainable.
- Center for Land Use and Environmental Responsibility @ UofL -http://louisville.edu/landuse – an interdisciplinary research and public service center at the University of Louisville. Focuses on land use and practices that are related to the natural and human environment. The Center seeks to identify principles, methods, and processes that promote environmentally responsible land uses through research, public service, and interdisciplinary educational programs.
- Coalition for the Advancement of Regional Transportation (CART) –www.cartky.org – CART is a Louisville-based organization advocating for sustainable transportation. Walking, bicycling and public transportation are the future of transportation, and CART is helping us get there.
- Community Farm Alliance (CFA) – www.communityfarmalliance.org – statewide organization geared towards increasing awareness and involvement in sustainable, local agriculture and consumption
- Frankfort Climate Action Network – based in the state capital, FrankfortCAN is working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and make Franklin County more sustainable. Although they don’t currently have a website, you can join their mailing list by emailing frankfortcan [at] gmail [dot] com. Their meetings are on the first Tuesday of each month.
- Kentuckians for the Commonwealth (KFTC) – www.kftc.org – Kentucky’s statewide, grassroots citizen activist organization. KFTC does great work in a number of social justice arenas, but most pertinent here is their dedication to stopping the practice of mountaintop removal in Eastern Kentucky. KFTC annually hosts ‘I Love Mountains’ Day on February 14th.
- Kentucky Conservation Committee (KCC) – www.kyconservation.org – nonpartisan environmental coalition dedicated to lobbying Frankfort legislators for greater environmental protection in the state
- Kentucky Heartwood – www.kyheartwood.org – activist organization dedicated to forest land conservation and stewardship and sustainable forestry.
- Kentucky Waterways Alliance – www.kwalliance.org – Louisville-based non-profit working to protect and restore Kentucky’s waterways through statewide advocacy and outreach work. The only nonprofit organization in Kentucky dedicated solely to clean water issues.
- Mountain Association for Community Economic Development (MACED) – www.maced.org – based out of Berea, MACED works on a number of issues important to the well-being of eastern Kentucky. Sustainable forestry initiatives focusing on the importance of carbon sequestration, energy efficiency and small business development are at the heart of MACED’s work.
- Sierra Club, Cumberland Chapter – www.kentucky.sierraclub.org – Kentucky’s statewide chapter of the nation’s largest environmental activist organization.
- Southern Energy Network – www.climateaction.net – coalition of activist organizations in the southeast dedicated to creating a clean, renewable energy future in the region most affected by the prominence of coal and nuclear power. Kentucky is one of the state’s that falls under the SEN umbrella.
- Sustainable Communities Network – www.sustainlex.org – spearheaded by Lexington activist Jim Embry, the Sustainable Communities Network is a broad-based sustainability effort in the Bluegrass that aims to educate and empower citizens to think, act and live sustainably.
- Tracy Farmer Center for the Environment @ UK – http://tfce.uky.edu/ – the TFCE is an interdisciplinary environmental education, outreach and research institute housed in the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture.
- University of Kentucky Greenthumb Environmental Club –www.ukgreenthumb.webs.com – Greenthumb is the state’s largest student-run environmental club. Greenthumb has been instrumental in fighting to make the University of Kentucky more sustainable by promoting a ‘green fee’ to go towards renewable energy on campus and by opposing the logging of UK’s Robinson Forest.
- Wildcat Wheels Bicycle Library – www.wildcatwheels.org – the University of Kentucky campus bicycle shop promotes bicycling as a way of life. Students, faculty and staff at UK can take advantage of WW semester-long bike loan program, or even go into the shop to get your own two wheels tuned up. Arguably the center of cycling culture in Lexington. Located in the basement of Blazer Hall on UK’s North Campus.
- GreenLex – www.greenlex.org – clearinghouse of information about sustainability in Lexington, KY
- The Fayette Alliance – www.fayettealliance.com – the Fayette Alliance seeks to combine the interests of the Lexington area by protecting peripheral farmland by promoting responsible infill redevelopment of the downtown.
Maine (Click for more Resources)
- Mr Lake Front
Maryland/ Washington DC (click for more resources)
- Eco Green Living – (Retail Store )
- Eco-Spirit- (MD)
- Going Green DC There’s plenty afoot on the DC green scene and this is where you can read all about it. Events, eateries, eco-friendly businesses, projects, initiatives, and much more. If it’s related to green-ness in and around DC, it’ll be here (and if it’s not, shoot me an email and I’ll try to add it).
Massachusets (Click for more resources
- Greenopia (Boston_
Minnesota (Click for more resources)
- Minnesota Sustainable Building Guidelines
- Birdchick– (Twin Cities) To show the world that you can be a birder without being a geek.
- Help Us Build Missouri Watershed
- Homesteading Hickory Hills I’m a married guy with a 7-year-old daughter. A while back, I quit my office job and we moved to the woods. Since then, we’ve built a pole barn and house, among other projects and adventures.
- Adventures in Eco-Living ” hello rural Michigan! For the past year and a half we have been (somewhat clumsily) trying to figure things out. Like how to get organic vegetables to grow, how to heat our house using only a wood stove, how to build a chicken coop, the wonders of composting, and what on earth all these little critters running around are….
- Real Green Girl– This isn’t about NH- she just lives in NH
- Green Jersey Green Jersey is an environmental news blog that’s based in, and all about, New Jersey. Its blogger-editor is Jennifer Weiss, a New Jersey-based journalist.
- Chelsea Green
- CYN Eco Blog
- Dot Earth– NY Times By 2050 or so, the world population is expected to reach nine billion, essentially adding two Chinas to the number of people alive today. Those billions will be seeking food, water and other resources on a planet where, scientists say, humans are already shaping climate and the web of life. In Dot Earth, reporter Andrew C. Revkin examines efforts to balance human affairs with the planet’s limits. Supported in part by a John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship, Mr. Revkin tracks relevant news from suburbia to Siberia, and conducts an interactive exploration of trends and ideas with readers and experts.
- Howard Hall Farm– Howard Hall Farm is both an historic restoration project and a vehicle for educating people in sustainable, environmentally conscious restoration techniques. The site of our learning laboratory is a 1780s stone manor in the heart of the Hudson River Valley. This Federal style home presents a number of restoration challenges specific to this region of the country. We invite you to join us in our effort to restore green.
- Sustainable South Bronx (retail)
- Green Brooklyn
- Only the Blog knows Brooklyn
- Green Building NY gbNYC’s mission is to deliver fresh daily content on the state of green real estate in the New York City metropolitan area. More broadly, we aim to comment on green building generally, using local projects as a vehicle through which to discuss LEED, Green Globes, and the legal and business implications of the sustainable construction, legislation, and insurance initiatives that continue to grip the entire country with increased frequency. Our goal is to become the most comprehensive resource for green building news in New York, and the web’s leader in objectively surveying the sustainable landscape from a wider business and legal perspective. This site is not sponsored by any organization, the views expressed herein are solely those of our authors, and none of our advertisers ever pay for content.
- Green Flatbrush:Sustainable Flatbush provides a neighborhood-based forum to discuss, promote and implement sustainable living in Brooklyn and beyond.
- Green in Harlem chronicle of attempts to restore, renovate and resurrect a heavily lived in Victorian Brownstone in Sugar Hill, Harlem to its former glory, while limiting energy consumption and recycling existing building features as much as possible. We’ll be following Green Building principles and installing renewable energy solutions.
- Green Links post your profile to share with members of the community, post events, start discussions on green issues, post video content, list your business profile, list and view job openings and quickly connect with other like-minded people in the network.
- Green Phoenix Permaculture
- Green Star Coop Market: (Retail)
- Ithaca Green Building GBA is a membership-based non-profit corporation. The mission is to promote green building through education, networking, and community involvement. We sponsor a number of local events, such as the Green Building Fair, the National Solar Home Tour, and our annual seminar series each winter, aimed at educating homeowners about different aspects of green building and renovating methods.
- Home Green Home (Retail) Ithaca
- Sustain Ithaca collaborative effort between students and community members in the Town of Ithaca. This blog will serve as a communication and information portal for the City of Ithaca, Ithaca College, and Cornell University. Everybody involved in making Ithaca sustainable, whether at Cornell, IC, or downtown, is more than welcome to become a regular blogger. In general, bloggers can post about anything related to events, announcements, plans, opinions, international, national, and state news, and requests for recruitment efforts and initiatives. General information about current efforts is also welcome. However, the idea is to make this a place for sharing and community, where ideas, news, and opinions are communicated to the community.
- New York Times Green Blog
- New York Sun Works New York City’s Science Barge is a sustainable urban farm powered by solar, wind, and biofuels, and irrigated by rainwater and purified riverwater
- Reclaimed Home – Low Impact Living Options for New Yorkers
- No Impact Man
- Transportation Alternatives:
- My Green Element –
- Environmental Thoughts- Rochester, NY- Blogging Rochester, NY’s environmental issues.
- Rochester Environment- Rochester
- Carolina Farm Stewards
- Fair Ground (non Toxic Carolina)
- Good Being Green
- Green Drinks
- North Carolina Conservation Blog The North Carolina Conservation Network is a statewide network of over 120 environmental, community and environmental justice organizations focused on protecting North Carolina’s environment and public health. The NC Conservation Network supports, trains and coordinates diverse groups and directly advocates to achieve equitable and sustainable solutions for our environment.
- North Carolina Sustainable Energy
- North Carolina Native Plant Society
- NC Wildlife Federation
- NC Green Power
- WNC Green Building
- Triange Land Conservancy
- Carrboro (Town)
- Free Range Greensboro law student, treehugger, chocoholic, former marathon runner/current couch potato, girlfriend, daughter, sister, aunt, dog/cat mom. I live in a cute little bungalow house w/ my BF, three perfect dogs, one bitchy cat, three chickens and about 50,000 bees. I’m an aspiring environmental lawyer and I plan on opening up a non-profit environmental law firm immediately after graduation.
- Greening Guilford News and commentary on how the residents of Guilford County, NC, are adapting to a changing resource/energy environment.
- Guilford Solar THIS IS THE GENERAL INFORMATION SITE FOR THE GUILFORD SOLAR COMMUNITIES PROGRAM, COMMONLY REFERRED TO SIMPLY AS GUILFORD SOLAR. POSTINGS WILL INCLUDE INFORMATION ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION ITSELF, ABOUT GUILFORD SOLAR MONTHLY PROGRAMS, AND ABOUT SPECIAL EVENTS. FEEDBACK REGARDING OUR ACTIVITIES IS WELCOME, AS ARE SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVING THE ORGANIZATION AND ITS OFFERING
- Piedmont Environmental Center At Piedmont Environmental Center (an environmental preserve named for Rebecca Rhodes Smothers), we make environmental education fun for children and adults of all ages. Nature is not just for children.
- Piedmont Environmental Alliance
- Piedmont Biofuels
- New Raleigh
- Raleigh Eco News
- Raleigh Recycling
- Greener Habits for Raleigh Greener Habits for Raleigh seeks to actively inspire and educate Raleigh and surrounding communities on the importance of sustainable living by collaborating with other groups, fostering community gardening, and making proactive art from recycled, reclaimed and reworked material.
- The Scrap Exchange (Durham ) The Scrap Exchange is a nonprofit creative reuse center located in Durham, North Carolina.Our mission is to promote creativity, environmental awareness, and community through reuse.Since 1991, we have been collecting industrial discards and distributing these reclaimed materials through our retail store, community events,parties and workshops.
- Black into the Green vid gardener, lover of the great outdoors, mother, survivor. These titles explain my keen interest in preserving the environment. I love to breathe in clean air while I run, hear the sounds of birds chirping overhead, watch children play outside with their dogs and feel the cool earth on my hands while I garden. I want future generations to enjoy these simple pleasures for centuries to come. This blog was created to share with you ways to enjoy the simple pleasures of our world in a responsible manner and live a healthy, conscious and fulfilling lifestyle.
- Blue Oregon– BlueOregon is a place for progressive Oregonians to gather ’round the water cooler and share news, commentary, and gossip
- Redirect Guide- ReDirect Guide’s on-line directory, your easy to use guide for finding businesses, services, and information that cater to your healthy and responsible lifestyle!
- Enviro Mom– About Raising kids in Portland
- Pennsylvania Environmental Council
- Greater Philly Enviromental Network The Greater Philly Environmental Network (GPEN.org, pronounced “g-pen”) isthe Internet resource publishing “All Things Environmental” in the Philadelphia region.
- Green Drinks. philadelphia
- 100K House An attempt to build a modern and green home in Philly for $100,000 in construction costs.
- Sustainable Business Network Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Meetup Group Meet other local Eco-People and Eco-curious to discuss global and domestic environmental issues and possible economic opportunities.
- Sustainable Society Action Project
- Altaircohousing Approximately 10 individuals and families from Chester County have been meeting for six years to develop a small-scale neighborhood that will provide a balance between personal privacy and living with people who know and care about each other.Individual dwelling households will enjoy convenient access to shared space including a “common house” with dining room, play room, music/drama space, workshops, library, and other facilities. Each home will be self-sufficient with a complete kitchen, but resident-cooked dinners will be available often in the common house for those who wish to participate.
- Sustainable Delco ree new organizations are beginning to form to facilitate communications between local “stakeholders” who want to work on mitigating climate changes and energy uncertainties, and other environmental problems. They are: “SustainableNether” , which aims to work on programs pertaining specifically to Nether Providence; “SustainableSwarthmorePA”, which would concentrate on programs for Swarthmore Burrough; and “SustainableDelco.org, which will aim to include all residents, businesses, government agents and non-profit organizations throughout all of the towns in Delaware County, and attack issues which are best handled on the county level. These coalitions will need a tremendous amount of energy and commitment from those of us who are striving to make the organizations a real and functional real asset for the area. And the organizations can greatly aid our efforts to share information about problems and possible solutions, and to educate all residents in our respective areas.
- Mt. Airy Greening Network he Mount Airy Greening Network is a group of local residents committed to making Mt Airy and all of Northwest Philadelphia a vibrant, livable, walkable urban eco-community
- Sustainable Tourism Lab: During the past few years, the lab has conducted a number of workshops and conferences, and assisted several communities with their strategic tourism planning. In addition, its parent agency, the Blackstone Valley Tourism Council, was recently awarded the World Trade & Tourism Council’s Destination Award in part for its efforts at incorporating sustaining tourism principles into its programming and promotion of tourism in the Blackstone Valley region of Rhode Island.
- Go Green Charleston–
- Hilton Pond The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is to “conserve animals, plants, habitats, and other natural components of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through observation, scientific study, and educationfor students of all ages.
- Planet Trash
- TN Farmgirl
Texas (please see your state for more listings)
- Austin Clean Energy: The Austin Clean Energy blog will focus on clean energy business and policy in Austin and Texas.
- Dallas Green Zine This site is all about innovation, conservation, re-engineering, remodeling, and rethinking about how we impact our environment. Whether you’re a resident, business owner, green builder, or environmental activist… you’ll find plenty of information and tools here to bring green living to Dallas. And if you don’t find something, drop us a line. This is a 100% participation site.
- Greenopia (Dallas)
- Green Houston created this site because I was amazed at the lack of environmental awareness in the Houston area. This city needs to wake up and realize it’s a key contributor in the destruction of our world. Texas is notoriously behind when it comes to our environment, but we’ve got to start in our city before we move on.
- Utah Moms for Clean Air
- Redirect Guide ReDirect Guide’s on-line directory, your easy to use guide for finding businesses, services, and information that cater to your healthy and responsible lifestyle!
- Vermont Agrifuels
- Buy Fresh Local
- Foodie Tots he pursuit of fresh, local, seasonal and sustainable food for the whole family, by C. Levine
- Organic Farm Life
- The Green Mile The Green Miles is a blogger and environmental activist based in Arlington, VA. He’s appeared on outlets like CNN and CleanSkies.TV talking about green consumerism, clean energy and environmental legislation. He can be observed in his natural habitat playing basketball at Potomac Overlook Regional Park, drinking organic beer at Lost Dog Cafe, and volunteering with Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment and Arlington CRM.
- VA Bike Federation
- Virginia Hiker
- Virescent Trying to live sustainably in Alexandria.
- The Green Miles he Green Miles is a blogger and environmental activist based in Arlington, VA. He’s appeared on outlets like CNN and CleanSkies.TV talking about green consumerism, clean energy and environmental legislation. He can be observed in his natural habitat playing basketball at Potomac Overlook Regional Park, drinking organic beer at Lost Dog Cafe, and volunteering with Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment and Arlington CRM.
- Planet Arlington explores immigration, globalization and environmental issues through an arts and humanities lens. The program is presented by Arlington Cultural Affairs, in the Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources.
- Project Green Build Project Green Build (PGB) is a non-profit corporation located in Southwest Washington State, north of the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon. Its main stake is in creating demand for sustainable home building in the region by educating the residential home building industry and the public to the benefits of green built homes.
- Purposeful in Puyallyup
- Building Seattle Green We are a collective of professionals dedicated to exploring green building and the technologies, practices, materials and designs that are at the forefront of this movement. We will work to dispel the myth that green building is more expensive and we hope that this blog not only informs but inspires people, businesses and communities to join us in creating a more sustainable urban environment.
- Seattle daily Journal of Commerce- Building Green focus on green building issues in Seattle, the Pacific Northwest, and anywhere that might interest you. That means it is focused on green building, but will often meander to other related subjects
- Seattle Green Observer Seattle is at the forefront in sustainable living and Green practices among US cities, and even the world. This is my humble attempt to keep track of what is going on in this beautiful city – from solar power to compost bins – in the hopes of educating and increasing awareness of what we can do to live more sustainably and in balance, and decreasing our footprint on the planet. Please join me in this journey of Green discovery.
- Shibaguyz. Two guys from Seattle lovin’ the life we’ve made for ourselves. It’s been an incredible ride and we’re taking you along with us from now on. Here we go..
- Sustainable West Seattle
- West Seattle Blog
- Crunchy Chicken
- Green Built Home– Madison
- Madison Environmental Group interdisciplinary consulting firm assisting businesses and individuals with innovative resource and cost saving solutions which contribute to a healthy community and environment.
- Green Printer Blog Green Printer is committed to bringing you the most environmentally friendly printing available on the market today with no compromise on service, quality and price. When you print with us, every order saves trees, conserves energy, and reduces toxins in our air and water.