The following are a partial listing of green, sustainable and eco friendly blogs and resources for the state of Hawaii.
- Reuse Hawaii– not a blog
- Raising Islands- THE source of news about science and the environment as they relate to the Hawaiian Islands, hosted by veteran science reporter Jan TenBruggencate. Issues covered include archaeology, astronomy, botany, climate science, conservation, efficient transportation, geology, marine sciences, sustainability and zoology, with occasional forays into other areas, including traditional navigation and canoe voyagin
- Sustainable Big Island a community on the Big Island of Hawaii working towards a sustainable environment on the Big Island of Hawaii. The website has been built as a resource for all to get together and discuss ways to create a more self sufficient and sustainable future on the Big Island
- Green Maui
- Green Maui Guide The GreenMaui Guide.com is “Where Green Makes Sense.” It is THE place to get eco-news and feature articles about Maui.It is written for consumers not environmental extremists. Its underlying theme is to protect the planet through consumer initiative one person at a time.. It finds new products and practices and shares them with consumers. The Green Maui Guide is a resource for living green.
- Maui Green Energy
- Island Green (Kauai)
- Go Kauai
- Leaf Hawaii is a community-based ‘green’ nonprofit organization, which aims to create Food Systems that connect at-risk populations with affordable, nutritious food, and enable them to grow their own food wherever possible. As you visit us here, please ask yourself, what part can I play to help free my community from hunger and poverty?
- Zero Waste Kauai
- Sustainability in Hawaii
- Hawaii Building Guide
- Hawaii Ethanol Fuel Guide With a slow down in the economy and sky rocketing fuel prices many folks are looking at alternate methods of transportation. In Hawaii, there are a few alternatives but there is no mass transit system so many people still use their cars to get just about everywhere. Until a mass transit system is in place, folks looking to escape the crunch of rising fuel costs are taking the bus, biking to work or simply driving less.It is thought that turning to a “greener” source of energy may help to solve the problem of higher fuel prices. Enter Ethanol. The State of Hawaii is now using a blend of Ethanol in the gasoline it sells and there is no way around it. Has using ethanol helped with the rising cost of fuel or hurt it? Will the use of ethanol lead to other problems? We take a closer look at these subjects here on HawaiiEthanol.com.
- Hawaii Health Smart – One of Hawaii’s favorite health radio programs. Your host Sherrie Rodi talks with nutritional specialists from across the nation to bring you the latest health and nutritional information.
- Hawaii Green Pages – Mission is to support, encourage and inspire sustainable and renewable living in Hawaii. We welcome everyone who would like to increase their ‘green’ awareness to align their daily actions with their personal values by being part of the solution, living a healthier greener lifestyle and making informed choices.
- Hawaii Island Economic Development Board