These are not all the Green, Eco, Sustainable and Environmental resources, blogs and websites in MN.
If you have a green local, regional or state blog, website or resource, please let me know.
- Black Bear Speaks -Environmental Action and Green Business in the Great Lakes
- Do it Green Minnesota educating and motivating Minnesotans to live greener, more sustainably and to build healthy communities
- Green Routes Green Routes website is an easy-to-use tool to help you find one-of-a-kind places to eat, play, shop, sleep, and learn. Use the map to find a destination, or add filters by clicking the categories above. You can also search or highlight selected routes for traveling
- Minnesota Green Communities
- Minnesota Green -Since 1977 Minnesota Green has been creating distinctive landscaping for residential and commercial clients throughout the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
- Minnesota Green Roofs Council The Minnesota Green Roofs Council promotes green rooftop technology as a sustainable building strategy in Minnesota. We work to educate developers, architects, landscape architects, engineers, roofers, building owners, policy makers and others about green rooftops as a cost-effective strategy to improve building performance, reduce environmental impacts and improve urban livability
- Minnesota GreenStar seeks to transform the Minnesota residential building industry into one where healthy and sustainable building practices are understood, economically advantageous and socially desirable. It not only provides standards for designing and building better homes, but it promotes a socio-economic environment that makes such methods attainable to everyone.
- Minnesota Sustainable Building Guidelines
- Northern Gardner
- Birdchick– (Twin Cities) To show the world that you can be a birder without being a geek.
- Upper Mississippi Certified Forest Products Group A group of small businesses with the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Chain of Custody Certification. We offer FSC-certified wood products.
- Center for Energy and Environment delivers practical, cost-effective energy efficiency evaluations, retrofits, and analyses. CEE’s engineers and technicians use diagnostic tests, energy audits, utility bill analysis, weatherization techniques, and equipment retrofits to achieve proven energy efficient results for multifamily and single family residential properties. In some locations, they can also provide support in identifying home improvement financing.
- Minnesota GreenStar Minnesota has a new green building standard and certification program for new homes and remodeling.
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) The MPCA provides information, directories, resources, and links to case studies of sustainable building. Especially handy is a feature to link to tools to identify a variety of green building professionals.
- Energy & Environmental Building Association EEBA provides training and resources to transform the residential design, development and construction industries to profitably deliver energy efficiency and environmentally responsible buildings and communities.
- Conservation Improvement Program (CIP) provides information on CIP resources and contacts for residential and affordable housing projects.
- Fresh Energy Fresh Energy works to enhance our economy, protect human health and communities, restore our environment, and establish energy independence. In our sustained and coordinated effort to promote a modern, innovative energy system for the 21st century, we provide research, advocacy and innovative policy models while engaging citizens to take action on the energy issues that affect us all.
- Greener Spirit
- Minnesota Office of Environmental Assistance (MOEA) MOEA provides information, directories, resources, and links to case studies of sustainable building.
- NextStep, Minnesota’s Sustainable Communities Network MSCN provides a biweekly e-mail newsletter on sustainability, lists resources and grants, calenders events, and has 12 topic areas including green building and energy.
- Minnesota Green Affordable Housing GuideThe guide is a web-based tool developed by the Center for Sustainable Building Research to address how to make affordable housing that is also energy efficient, healthy, durable, and has a low environmental impact.
- Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture The purpose of MISA is to bring together the diverse interests of the agricultural community with interests from across the University community in a cooperative effort to develop and promote sustainable agriculture in Minnesota and beyond.
- The Minnesota Sustainable Building Guidelines (v2.0) are designed to document the actual costs and benefits of sustainable building.
- Minnesota Sustainable Design Guide A tool to learn about sustainability, manage design decisions, and integrate sustainable design into the building design and operation processes for new and renovated facilities.
- Greater Minnesota Housing Fund’s Building BetterNeighborhoods A program designed to foster the creation of safe, decent and affordable housing within cohesive, well-planned and economically balanced neighborhoods.
- Dovetail Partners, Inc. Dovetail is a nonprofit organization that collaborates to develop unique concepts, systems, programs and models to foster sustainable forestry and catalyze responsible trade and consumption.
- ECO—Environmentally Conscious Options – retail outlet sells environmentally friendly interior & exterior finish products, including flooring, counter tops, cabinetry, sinks, glass and ceramic tile, lighting, earth plaster, outdoor furniture, rain barrels, pervious surfaces, and more!
- EcoHome at Hawk’s Ridge Women in Construction build a demonstration home in Duluth, and the related website has detailed information about the home plans, performance, and construction process.
- Conservation Technologies; building construction, the performance of buildings, and energy issues in general. Conservation Technologies sells energy efficient building supplies, Venmar heat recovery ventilation systems, and solar electric and hot water systems. They also consult in building design and performance and work with various utilities on the design and delivery of energy efficiency and conservation programs. Their support team that includes sales, installation and technical support professionals.
- Sustainable Twin Ports edicated to furthering economic, environmental & social sustainability in the Twin Ports and western Lake Superior region through education, networking and action.
- True North Woods True North Woods is a certification brand that promotes the natural qualities and sustainability of northern Minnesota forest-based products and the talents of the people who make them
- Goods From the Woods (retail) reated in 2003, Goods from the Woods® (GFTW) is a Minnesota-grown initiative that combines educational workshops, an ‘Up North’ specialty forest products marketplace and a community festival to celebrate northern forests and promote a vibrant forest-based economy.
Minneapolis- St. Paul
- Car Free Minneapolis
- Eco Metro
- Green Zebra Welcome to the blog of Armato Design and Press. We are a small design and letterpress studio located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We create Celebration Stationery: custom and semi-custom letterpress wedding invitations, special event invitations, baby announcements, custom stationery and note cards.
- Minneapolis Green Pages
- Natural Built Home (Retail) Twin Cities-based store provides safe and sustainable building supplies. They offer everything from healthy paints to dual-flush toilets as well as the knowledge and resources to install them in your home.
- Re-Use Center/DeConstruction Services (Retail) A non-profit enterprise committed to offering the highest quality reclaimed and surplus building products at the lowest prices! We’re recognized metro-wide for our wide array of kitchen cabinetry, doors, windows, wood flooring, paneling and decking, granite and solid surface counters, ceramic and stone tile, claw foot tubs, spa baths, pedestal sinks, vanities, toilets, carpet, lighting, mantels, millwork/trim, and more. Deconstruction is construction in reverse: dismantling buildings by hand and saving the materials to be used again instead of sending them to the landfill. Demolition creates waste, but deconstruction creates jobs and reusable materials.
- Twin Cities Natural Food Coops
- Live Green, Live Smart