These are not all the local city and state blogs, websites and resources. If you have a local green, eco, sustainable Illinois Blog, website or resource please let me know and I will add.
- Energy Seeds Energy Seeds is a joint project of the Foundation for Environmental Education. A “blog” is a web log of journal entries. This Energy Seeds blog contains journal entries and stories about a number of projects that we have worked with over the past few years. It is intended to stimulate and catalyze new energy and environmental project ideas that build on our projects, and the ideas of our extended team. One of the ways in which we can do that is to provide you more than just the numbers and the data from each project. This site will provide you with the background on each project, the “behind-the-scenes” stories, and the thoughts, advice and contacts for the people who were involved in each project.
- Environment Illinois we all want clean air, clean water and open spaces. But it takes independent research and tough-minded advocacy to win concrete results for our environment, especially when powerful interests stand in the way of environmental progress. That’s the idea behind Environment Illinois. We focus exclusively on protecting Illinois’ air, water and open spaces. We speak out and take action at the local, state and national levels to improve the quality of our environment and our lives.
- Growing Home – Providing Job Training through a non-profit organic agriculture business.
- Illinois Audubon Society
- Illinois Enviro Blog
- Illinois Environmental Council the Illinois Environmental Council promotes sound environmental laws and policies, provides a forum for environmentalists and facilitates a statewide activist network.
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Illinois Issues Blog follow state government news from the Capitol press room and write articles forIllinois Issues magazine, published by the Center for State Policy and Leadership at the University of Illinois at Springfield.
- Illinois Native Plant Society Members include professionals and amateurs who share an interest in all aspects of the flora native to the state of Illinois.
- Illinois Sierra Club
- Illinois Stewardship Alliance ISA is a citizen’s organization that promotes a safe and nutritious food system, family farming, and healthy communities by advocating diverse, humane, and socially just and ecologically sustainable production and marketing practices.
- Lincoln Memorial Garden & Nature Center Planned in 1936 by the landscape architect Jens Jensen, native plants are used in a naturalistic style to re-create the character of Illinois as Abraham Lincoln knew it in his youth. There are nature trails, wildflowers and meadows.
- Adams Wildlife Sanctuary Located just minutes from downtown Springfield, the Sanctuary provides an opportunity for urban children to experience hands-on activities and learn about the interdependence of plants, animals, and themselves.
- Prairie Rivers Network Prairie Rivers Network is Illinois’ only statewide river conservation organization, and we strive to protect the rivers and streams of Illinois and to promote the lasting health and beauty of watershed communities.
- Living Lands And Waters Living Lands & Waters is an environmental organization established by Chad Pregracke in 1998 and headquartered in East Moline, Illinois. Programs that Living Lands & Waters conducts are: Community Cleanups, Big River Educational Workshops, Riverbottom Forest Restoration and Adopt-a-Mississippi Mile.
- REP America (Republicans for Environmental Protection) REP America, a non-profit organization, was formed in 1995 to resurrect the GOP’s great conservation tradition and to restore natural resource conservation and sound environmental protection as fundamental elements of the Republican Party’s vision for America.
- The Green Party USA The Greens/Green Party USA is the original Green Party organization in the USA. It carries forward the radical vision of the early Greens based on grassroots political and economic democracy, nonviolence, social justice, and ecological sustainability.
- Greenpeace Greenpeace is the leading independent campaigning organization that uses non-violent direct action and creative communication to expose global environmental problems and to promote solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future.
- The Nature ConservancySince 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been working with communities, businesses and people like you to preserve the plants, animals and natural communities that represent the diversity of life on Earth by protecting the lands and waters they need to survive.
- Green Bean GreenBean is a news and discussion forum dedicated to reporting on built, in-progress, and unbuilt green building projects in Chicago.
- Chicago Lawn Company Guide We strive to offer the best lawn tips for Chicagoland residents. We also want to arm you with good and true information so you can choose a qualified landscaper and know what you are getting.
- Chicago Garbage Tax
- Chicago Green – Great lInks and resourcs
- Chicago Sustainable Business Alliance
- Earthling Angst Journalit at Northwestern, including environment writing. My concern about the world we are leaving our children and grandchildren spurred me to learn more about global warming and share what I learn.
- Green Home Chicago Green Home Chicago™ is the online home of Celeste Karan, Realtor, GRI a specialist in green and energy efficient homes in the Chicagoland area. Green Home Chicago provides resources for builders and developers as well as home buyers and sellers.
- Green Parent Chicago Green Parent Chicago we believe natural parenting, green living and environmentalism are all segments of the same continuum. On our pages, readers will find stories of natural birth, breastfeeding, organic and vegetarian nutrition, alternative education, non-traditional families, home schooling, environmentalism and simple living among other topics
- Green Roof Program
- Green Roofs
- Smart Sustainable Style -T he ladies of Mountains of the Moon Eco.Fashion become Eco.Bloggers. Read up on what it’s like to run an eco-company in the fashion industry, our favorites in the world of eco-products, our own eco-tips, and maybe even a glimpse into our lives (an eco-friendly soap opera, if you will).
- Urban Habitat Chicago
- Village of Northbrook -Green Websites
- Sangamon Valley Group (Sierra Club)
- TallGrass Restoration – Tallgrass employees are educated and experience in planning, installing and maintaining native ecosystems, specializing in Natural landscaping and detention basins.
- Clean Energy Springfield
- Springfield Moms
- Sustain Springfield
- Springfields Environmental Weblog A Sustainable Energy Environment Information Network for Springfield Illinois