Green-Eco-Sustainable Blogs-Resources- Indiana
These are not all the Green, Eco and Environmental Blogs, websites and resources for Indiana. If you have a local Green site and would like to add it to the list, please let me know.
- A Greener Indiana – Indiana was ranked amongst states as 49th on Environment. Let’s all join together to make Indiana a better place to live and a more responsible citizen of the earth.
- Building a Better Indiana – Business Blog of the Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- From Brown to Green
- Green Build Indiana Carol Gulyas was for three years VP of the Illinois Solar Energy Association. She co-founded EcoAchievers LLC, a provider of online education for the sustainability community, and worked in the Direct Marketing industry in New York and Chicago. She is currently a web content manager at ChaCha.
- Green Cycle organic recycling company committed to producing high-quality landscape products. Our products include several varieties of mulch, compost, and topsoil. In addition, we provide mobile yard waste recycling and wood waste grinding services on your site.
- Home Grown Indiana A Food Lover’s Guide to Good Eating in the Hoosier State.
- Indiana Campus Sustainability Alliance We hope to create a strong environmental campus network with help through the new networking site, the Indiana Campus Sustainability Alliance in order to influence important environmental legislation coming up during the 2009 Indiana Legislative Assembly.
- Indiana Living Green Indiana Living Green will include information you can use to find a green lifestyle that you can live with — one that is both earth-friendly and doable for you and your family. Published bi-monthly, the magazine will profile those living the green lifestyle and provide earth-friendly tips and resources.
- Indiana Native Plant and Wildflower Society Our mission is to promote the appreciation, preservation, conservation, utilization and scientific study of the flora native to Indiana and to educate the public about the values, beauty, diversity and environmental importance of indigenous vegetation.
- Indiana Sustainability Alliance The Indiana Sustainability Alliance (“INSA”) promotes the growth of the sustainable development, green building, renewable energy, water management, and clean technology industries in Indiana.
- Indy Green Business
- Innovating Indiana
- My Home Green Pages
- On Home Comfort
- Smaller Indiana A place where local professionals can discuss ways to make their businesses green
- Sustainable Indiana 2016 Sustainable Indiana 2016 wiki! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together.
Carrot Mob – hold a competition between local coffee shops to see which business pledges to use the most of our money that day to become more sustainable. This company then wins our business. We then reward that business by rolling… deep! We who up in the hundreds and Carrotmob it! Instead of buying coffee at another shop that day we concentrate our buying power on the winning company, because we know that this money will be used for change
- Green Piece Indianapolis -Green Piece Indy is a twice-weekly email with tips on living greener in Indianapolis. If you’d like to learn more about how to make earth-friendly choices in Indy, please give us your email addy and zip code. Your information will not be shared with anyone and will only be used to send Green Piece Indy correspondence.
- Keep Indianapolis Beautiful
- My Carbon Pledge- A program of the Indianapolis Zoo with Lowes
- Urban Indy
- Living Lightly Living Lightly is a FREE resource fair for sustainable lifestyles. Living Lightly is aimed at educating East Central Indiana residents about practical ways to live more sustainably, saving money and resources for themselves and future generations.
- Muncie Sanitary The Muncie Sanitary District was established by ordinance on June 1, 1964 upon enabling legislation of the State of Indiana. Its three member Board of Commissioners administers municipal solid waste programs, sewers, and wastewater treatment for Muncie, Indiana.
- Conserve Plastic Bags This blog initially began as a class project to 1) raise public awareness on the consumption of plastic bags; 2) apply students’ statistical training and knowledge to a real-world issue in our community; and 3) instill a sense of personal responsibility that inspires behavioral, environmental, and economic changes.
- Progressives- South Bend
- Rebuilding St. Joseph County Rebuilding Together is a nonprofit, community-based partnership of volunteers from local government, businesses, and other nonprofits, that rehabilitate the homes of low-income homeowners. On two April Saturdays each year, volunteers join together to make repairs to about 25 homes in a selected neighborhood.
- Raw Solar