State Flower- Magnolia
These are not all the green, eco and environmental blogs in Louisiana. If you have a local blog or website, resources you would like me to add, please let me know.
- Bayou Haystackers Paddling Club Anyone who enjoys paddling is welcome to join. Our club consists of canoeists and kayakers of all kinds. You can come on a trip or two without being a member of the club, but you’ll have alot more fun if you join
- Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana he Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana is a non-profit, advocacy organization dedicated to restoring and protecting a sustainable coastal Louisiana. In pursuit of this goal, the Coalition advocates for the implementation of sound coastal policies and works diligently to raise awareness and educate others about the importance of protecting and restoring coastal Louisiana
- Dogwood Alliance Southern activists formed Dogwood Alliance in November 1996. Originally, Dogwood Alliance focused on stopping the expansion of chip mills – facilities that grind whole logs into wood chips for making paper and chipboard — across the South.
- Levee’s Levees.Org is your source for information about levees and flood protection nationwide.
- Louisiana Hiking Club
- Louisiana Department of Natural Resources
- Louisiana Department of Water
- Louisiana Environmental Action Network
- Louisiana Green Fuels
- Louisiana Land and Water The Louisiana Land and Water Foundation, a non-profit public charitable organization, was formed to help preserve, educate and rehabilitate Louisiana lands. Which includes all Louisiana: waters, lands, parks, beautification projects and wildlife.
- Louisiana Native Plant Society
- Louisiana State Parks
- National Wildlife Refuges in Louisiana
- Off The Grid Off The Grid Today is a blog about various products and processes designed to help lessen our dependance on fossil fuels and the political/commercial infrastructure.
- USGBC Louisiana
- Delta Sierra Club
- Blog of New Orleans
- Go Green NOLA Our website is the guide for the New Orleans community on how to build and live green. We hope to introduce you to new ways of thinking and living because we know one person can make a difference in her/his community
- Help Stop the NOLA East Landfill
- New Orleans Food Farm Network The New Orleans Food & Farm Network believes everyone should have access to fresh, healthy, and sustainably produced food for the long-term health of our environment, economy, and communities. We work with individuals, organizations, growers and communities to help make fresh, healthy food more accessible to everyone.
- Miss Malaprop MissMalaprop.com spotlights the best in independent designers & artists, eco-friendly and sustainable products, New Orleans & Gulf Coast based businesses and issues, and people & organizations who are working to make the world a better place.
- New Orleans Sierra Club
- Stay Local s a city-wide initiative for creating a strong economy based on locally owned and operated businesses in New Orleans. We encourage consumers to shop locally and help independent businesses compete more effectively.
- The Green Project (Retail Store) The Green Project is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creatively promoting and encouraging environmental sustainability in New Orleans. We recycle building materials and paint, deconstruct homes and salvage usable materials. We operate a building materials recycling store, promote community involvement and environmental activities, offer community space to other community-based organizations, and serve as an environmental reference resource for the Greater New Orleans area.
- Squandered Heritage