These are not all the local Green, Environmental, Eco resources, websites, blogs, directories in Missouri. If you have or know a local green resource, please let me know and I will update.
- Audubon Council– This page has great links to all environmental organization, parks, museums, weather and more .
- Missouri Coalition for the Environment, a group that works to preserve, protect, and enhance an environment that is livable, healthful, and sustainable through a comprehensive program of education, citizen action, and legal defense;
- Renew Missouri, a nonprofit corporation with the overarching goal of creating highly effective renewable energy policy in Missouri; and
- Clean Energy Works for Missouri, a 501c(3) education campaign sponsored by the Missouri Coalition for the Environment and Renew Missouri to help bring clean, renewable energy to Missouri.
- Department of Conservation:
- Department of Natural Resources
- Missouri Environmental Education Association: Our Mission is to provide innovative professional development and networking opportunities for Missouri’s Environmental Educators, both for teachers in the classroom and for educators in agencies and organizations, to help them help Missourians become more environmentally responsible.
- Help Us Build Missouri Watershed
- Homesteading Hickory Hills I’m a married guy with a 7-year-old daughter. A while back, I quit my office job and we moved to the woods. Since then, we’ve built a pole barn and house, among other projects and adventures.
- City of Springfield
- Global Fayre (retail) carry a wide range of Fair Trade coffees, teas and foods plus artisan products from all over the world.
- Ecology of Absence A chronicle of the built environment published from the north side of St. Louis, Missouri that started as a companion to the website of the same name.
- Green Rising
- Live Green St. Louis
- Rehabbers ClubIn the last few years, we have created a schedule of classes for rehabbers. We’ve also compiled a resource list of contractors. Both of these efforts seek to assist our members in their search to become more knowledgeable about rehabbing and improving their lives and our beautiful city
- Urban Review (STL) This site is an opportunity for me to share my thoughts on the St. Louis Region from an urban perspective. For the most part I focus on negative aspects – those areas where I believe we could & should do better with our resources. Don’t get me wrong – St. Louis is a great place with wonderful urban neighborhoods and incredible architecture. Our suburbs, like most suburbs, are depressing.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center Welcome to the Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center. Since its inception in 1999, PBIC’s mission has been to improve the quality of life in communities through the increase of safe walking and bicycling as a viable means of transportation and physical activity.
- MacroSun International (Retail) We work directly with traditional artisans and craftspeople in India, Nepal, Pakistan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, and refugees from Tibet, Burma, and Afghanistan.
- Irie Star Design Studio (retail) Soy wax aromatherapy candles, all-vegetable soaps, lotions and more made with pure essential oils, the best for your body.
Some Retail Stores
Website: milkweedmercantile.com/ http://store.milkweedmercantile.com/
The Milkweed Mercantile at Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage, in peaceful Northeastern Missouri. Our 2-story strawbale solar + wind-powered Inn/Organic Café/General Store + Sustainability Seminars await you!
Phone: (314) 458-2410
As a green boutique, our mission is to meet the stylistic needs of the contemporary fashion-conscious woman with eco-friendly apparel and accessories.
Green Stuff Connection was founded for the fabuously stylish earth conscious consumer.
Ozark Rope Sandals are perfect for the beach, pool, boat, or river. We offer a full range of sizes for men and women, including custom sizes to fit every foot.
Array of imports that are made by cooperatives and imported by fair trade distributors that ensure the craftspeople earn a decent living wage.
Offer many new and exciting organic products. These items are certified organic by Quality Assurance International.