- Clean Air To inform and educate the public concerning the health, economic, and aesthetic effects of air pollution and the technological and legal tools available for its control; to promote understanding of the role of government (national, state, and local) in the control of air pollution; and to stimulate voluntary and official efforts to clean the air.”
- Growing Greener
- Organic Consumers Association
- Pennsylvania Certified Organic To assure the integrity of organic agricultural products through education, inspection, and certification of Pennsylvania-based growers, processors and handlers.
- Pennsylvania Environmental Council
- Pennsylvania for Change
- Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
- Penn Live
- Pennsylvania Trash
- Greater Philly Enviromental Network The Greater Philly Environmental Network (GPEN.org, pronounced “g-pen”) isthe Internet resource publishing “All Things Environmental” in the Philadelphia region.
- Green Building Association of Central Penn.
- Green Drinks. Philadelphia
- Green Plan- Philadelphia GreenPlan Philadelphia is a planning project to help provide a long-term, sustainable roadmap for using, acquiring, developing, funding, and managing open space in our city’s neighborhoods.
- 100K House An attempt to build a modern and green home in Philly for $100,000 in construction costs.
- Organic Home Design (Retail) Organic Home helps create an environment that lets you breathe easier – by cleaning with creature-friendly products or by improving the function and feeling of your space. Whether concerned about health of your family or of our world, we can introduce you to green options, ways of living lightly on the planet. We’ll share with you information and resources, from books and recycling to product guides and suppliers. If you don’t have time to put it into action, we can do project work for you.
- Sustainable Business Network Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Listing of Environmental Organizations
- Philadelphia Meetup Group Meet other local Eco-People and Eco-curious to discuss global and domestic environmental issues and possible economic opportunities.
- Sustainable Philadelphia
- Sustainable Society Action Project
- Philadelphia Sustainablity Awards
- Altaircohousing Approximately 10 individuals and families from Chester County have been meeting for six years to develop a small-scale neighborhood that will provide a balance between personal privacy and living with people who know and care about each other.Individual dwelling households will enjoy convenient access to shared space including a “common house” with dining room, play room, music/drama space, workshops, library, and other facilities. Each home will be self-sufficient with a complete kitchen, but resident-cooked dinners will be available often in the common house for those who wish to participate.
- Sustainable Delco ree new organizations are beginning to form to facilitate communications between local “stakeholders” who want to work on mitigating climate changes and energy uncertainties, and other environmental problems. They are: “SustainableNether” , which aims to work on programs pertaining specifically to Nether Providence; “SustainableSwarthmorePA”, which would concentrate on programs for Swarthmore Burrough; and “SustainableDelco.org, which will aim to include all residents, businesses, government agents and non-profit organizations throughout all of the towns in Delaware County, and attack issues which are best handled on the county level. These coalitions will need a tremendous amount of energy and commitment from those of us who are striving to make the organizations a real and functional real asset for the area. And the organizations can greatly aid our efforts to share information about problems and possible solutions, and to educate all residents in our respective areas.
- Mt. Airy Greening Network he Mount Airy Greening Network is a group of local residents committed to making Mt Airy and all of Northwest Philadelphia a vibrant, livable, walkable urban eco-community
- Cosy Makes my name is cosette cornelius-bates, although most people call me cosy. i am a fiber artist in pittsburgh, pa. i teach spinning, work some at a local yarn store, recycle sweaters, dye wool in many forms, design patterns, and sell handspun and one-of-a-kind handknit accessories in the cosy knits (literally) shop and at craft fairs. a bunch of my patterns have been collected in the book Knit One, Embellish Too: Hats, Mittens, and Scarves with a Twist. you can buy autographed copies in my handspun yarn and pattern shop if you’re interested.
- Green Building Alliance he Green Building Alliance is a non-profit organization that advances economic prosperity and human well being in Western Pennsylvania by driving market demand for green buildings and green building products. In its 15th year, GBA has been a national pioneer, and continues to lead change in our region as the core green building catalysts – a desire for environmentally sound materials and minimal impact, healthy indoor environments and financial payoff in reduced energy, water and other operating costs – cascades across every aspect of the built environment, from offices, retail stores and other commercial spaces to schools, hospitals, and homes
- Green Burial Pittsburgh
- Green Drinks
- Green is Good Green is Good is a blog written by entrepreneur and “green capitalist” Chris Schultz of Pittsburgh, PA.
- Live Green Pittsburgh – The first two green housing developments in western Pennsylvania, Riverside Mews andWindom Hill Place, demonstrate that it is possible to blend sustainable, environmentally friendly materials and systems with great design to create homes that are energy efficient and healthier for their occupants.
- Pitts Blog- not just green, but alot of good info and links
- Pittsburgh Green Story u’ll find the most comprehensive online resource covering the Pittsburgh environment, its history, the newsmakers, and the issues.
- Smart Solutions for Sustainable Business:
- Sustainable Pittsburgh Sustainable Pittsburgh affects decision-making in the Pittsburgh Region to integrate economic prosperity, social equity, and environmental quality bringing sustainable solutions to communities and businesses
- Walls are Bad – Lots of good outdoor things to do
Great Lakes Blogs
Great Lakes Advocates
- Great Lakes Aquatic Habitat Network and Fund
- Great Lakes Commission | Commission des Grands Lacs
- Great Lakes Town Hall
- Great Lakes United
- Healthy Lakes, Healthy Lives
- Inland Seas Education Association
- International Joint Commission
- Michigan Land Use Institute
- National Wildlife Federation: Great Lakes Natural Resource Cente