Sustainable business and resources in Virginia, including eco friendly blogs and websites devoted to lowering carbon footprints and impacts on the environment.
Sustainable-Green- Eco Resources in Virginia
- Buy Fresh Local
- Chesapeake Climate Action Network We fight global warming. Get involved in our Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC, and National campaigns. In the last few weeks, new data has shown that the climate crisis has worsened. Global emissions of carbon dioxide rose at a record pace last year, and new measurements show that methane gas is now “leaking” from the Arctic Ocean. It’s a classic “feedback loop” that will soon accelerate the disruption to our climate unless we adopt global solutions soon. Sign up for one of our “bird-dogging packs” so you can tell leaders in person just how you feel about the importance of clean energy
- Foodie Tots he pursuit of fresh, local, seasonal and sustainable food for the whole family, by C. Levine
- Go Green Virginia The Virginia Municipal League’s Go Green Virginia initiative (GoGreenVA) recognizes that communities need to take innovative steps to reduce energy usage and promote sustainability. The initiative has several components that will unfold throughout 2008, including a series of regional forums that will be held across the state in April and publication of a “best practices” Green Book later in the year.
- Green Living Q and A’s- This is national, but you should support your local business. his Q&A blog is open for all to participate. Feel free to ask your own questions and answer questions posted by others. I know you all have a wealth of information and experience on healthy and eco-friendly living and you are welcome to share it here.
- Natural Patriot he Natural Patriot is dedicated to cultivating and putting to work a new and universal ideal of patriotism appropriate to the new Millennium, one based firmly in Reason and a deeply held moral of stewardship for our endangered homeland. (Is that ambitious enough?) What sets the Natural Patriot apart from the generic Patriot is a broader vision of the homeland, which includes not only the arbitrary nation of birth or the chosen nation of adoption but the entirety of this small, lonely planet and its interdependent web of life — unique in the known universe – on which rest squarely our own life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.
- Organic Farm Life
- Sierra Club
- The Green Mile The Green Miles is a blogger and environmental activist based in Arlington, VA. He’s appeared on outlets like CNN and CleanSkies.TV talking about green consumerism, clean energy and environmental legislation. He can be observed in his natural habitat playing basketball at Potomac Overlook Regional Park, drinking organic beer at Lost Dog Cafe, and volunteering with Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment and Arlington CRM.
- The Scrap Bin– Virginia Tech Recycling’s Blog The purposes of the VTR Blog are to: 1) Provide an online exchange of ideas, suggestions, and feedback about recycling and sustainability at VTR; 2) raise the visibility of VTR; and 3) gauge the problems/issues which may hinder full utilization of the campus recycling program at Virginia Tech.
- VA Bike Federation
- Virginia Gardening
- Virginia Green
- Virginia Hiker
- Virginia Energy Plan – pdf
- Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy
- State Corporation Commission
- Virginia Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts
- Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Virginia Department of Forestry
- Virginia Department of General Services / e-Procurement and Contracts
- Virginia Save Our Streams
Virginia Energy Basics
- Virescent Trying to live sustainably in Alexandria.
- The Green Miles he Green Miles is a blogger and environmental activist based in Arlington, VA. He’s appeared on outlets like CNN and CleanSkies.TV talking about green consumerism, clean energy and environmental legislation. He can be observed in his natural habitat playing basketball at Potomac Overlook Regional Park, drinking organic beer at Lost Dog Cafe, and volunteering with Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment and Arlington CRM.
- Planet Arlington explores immigration, globalization and environmental issues through an arts and humanities lens. The program is presented by Arlington Cultural Affairs, in the Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources.
- EnviroHome Design – Green residential design
- Living Green
- Eco Village EcoVillage of Loudoun County, VA. invites you to experience living in a healthy alternative to ordinary residential development in Northern Virginia. Our inspired community is nestled on 180 organically managed acres of beautiful rolling hills north of Leesburg, VA, close to the Point of Rocks commuter rail station serving Washington, DC and suburban Maryland
- Gaz Biz
- Living Frugal in Richmond A blog on living frugally and simply in the Richmond, VA. The blog includes links and ideas about simple, frugal and green living.
- My Ecologic The Who, What, Where, and How of Green Living in the Eastern U.S
- RVA Blogs- Blog Directory of all things Richmond
Clean and Green- Roanoke Public Libraries