These are not all the green, eco, sustainable and environmental local resources in WA. If you have a local green resource, please let me know and I will publish.
Green Resources Washington State
- Department of Ecology
- In Between Palix River adn Willapa Bay
- Native Plant Salvage he Foundation is a non-profit charitable organization, formed to support the hands-on educational work of the Native Plant Salvage Project,
- Northwest Eco Building Guild The Northwest EcoBuilding Guild is an alliance of builders, designers, suppliers, homeowners, and partners concerned with ecological building in the Pacific Northwest.
- Project Green Build Project Green Build (PGB) is a non-profit corporation located in Southwest Washington State, north of the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon. Its main stake is in creating demand for sustainable home building in the region by educating the residential home building industry and the public to the benefits of green built homes.
- The Green Palette The Green Palette is a weekly art challenge for artists of all mediums who are concerned about the sustainability of our worlds natural resources. Every Thursday a new topic will be posted to inspire our member artists. They are then encouraged to post their creative endeavors on TGP. It is our hope that as you enjoy the artwork in our online gallery you will also be inspired to live a more sustainable life.
- Sustainable Connections– We work with local, independently owned businesses that have the autonomy to make any transformational change in their business that they can imagine… reexamining where we buy goods and services, how we consume energy, grow and distribute our food, build homes, and even, how we define success in business. Sustainable Connections is supporting a community of innovators in green building, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, supporting independent businesses in town centers, and mentoring a new breed of entrepreneurs that have designed their business with a sustainable vision.
- Slow Food SW Washington
- Think Space-Our view about energy efficient office buildings, green construction, the LEED process, coworking space, executive office suites, Redmond office space, virtual offices, hosted software, business technology solutions, and whatever comes to mind.Our goal is to provide a great community for SMB’s to build sustainable businesses on the Eastside (Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Woodinville, and Sammamish).
- Buy Olympia– Products made in Olympia
- Eco City Olympia Eco city olympia works on permaculture and eco urban development projects with the Olympia metro area!
- Olympia Sustainable Living – Another great resource with local farms
- Sienna Moonfire Designs– good links to local resources
- The Olympian
- Building Seattle Green We are a collective of professionals dedicated to exploring green building and the technologies, practices, materials and designs that are at the forefront of this movement. We will work to dispel the myth that green building is more expensive and we hope that this blog not only informs but inspires people, businesses and communities to join us in creating a more sustainable urban environment.
- In the Bucket- Litter blog- very Good
- Chefs Collaborative Chefs Collaborative works with chefs and the greater food community to celebrate local foods and foster a more sustainable food supply. The Collaborative inspires action by translating information about our food into tools for making knowledgeable purchasing decisions. Through these actions, our members embrace seasonality, preserve diversity and traditional practices, and support local economie
- Green Walks
- Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce- Building Green focus on green building issues in Seattle, the Pacific Northwest, and anywhere that might interest you. That means it is focused on green building, but will often meander to other related subjects
- Seattle Green Observer Seattle is at the forefront in sustainable living and Green practices among US cities, and even the world. This is my humble attempt to keep track of what is going on in this beautiful city – from solar power to compost bins – in the hopes of educating and increasing awareness of what we can do to live more sustainably and in balance, and decreasing our footprint on the planet.
- Seattle Transit Blog – Great links to all things transportation
- Seattle Dirt-
- Shibaguyz. Two guys from Seattle lovin’ the life we’ve made for ourselves. It’s been an incredible ride and we’re taking you along with us from now on. Here we go..
- Sustainable Ballard Comprised of local neighbors, Sustainable Ballard originally organized around the idea of Ballard becoming the first US town to become energy interdependent. We decided it was critical to start a discussion with the town of Ballard about what we see as great economic, societal, and environmental challenges facing our community ahead. This effort is about empowering all of us to wake up! and take steps toward big and small changes together. Currently working with over 25 different organizations, Sustainable Ballard invites all people, organizations, and businesses to find their place on the spectrum of responsibility and sustainability
- Sustainable Seattle
- Sustainable West Seattle
- West Seattle Blog
- Crunchy Chicken
- Click Spokane
- Down to Earth Down To Earth is committed to reporting environmental news and sustainability throughout Spokane and the Inland Northwest.
- Go Green Directory; Folks in Spokane and North Idaho want to find alternative building materials, local organic food and natural healthcare and they don’t want to go west of the Cascades to do it. That’s why we have created a resource guide that brings all the best green and sustainable businesses and organizations together in one resource. The Inland Northwest has an opportunity to be a leader in sustainability, our goal is to help people take advantage of it. Whether it’s agriculture, construction or alternative medicine it’s time for our region to step out on the cutting edge
- Sustainable Spokane
- The Green Zone Visitors had the opportunity to walk through the interactive interdisciplinary exhibit created by a coalition of private businesses, public agencies and individuals all dedicated to the promotion of environmental sustainability. The Green Zone campus includes outdoor demonstration sites and indoor displays. Information points throughout the site interpret demonstrations of environmentally sustainable practices.
- City of Tacoma
- Ecovian Ecovian is an online green city guide created by a community of passionate members dedicated to living a sustainable lifestyle. Ecovian city guides are a comprehensive sources of regional green living information, covering topics such as where to find organic & local food (CSA programs, farmers markets, organic restaurants, grocery stores, etc.), natural clothing & baby stores, eco-friendly cleaning services, solar system installers, and many other green resources & local businesses. City guides also provide an up to date calendar of upcoming green & environmental lectures, talks, and events, and a community discussion group where the latest regional environmental news & policy issues are posted and discussed.
- Tacoma Mama Welcome to Tacomamama, a locally-grown guide to Tacoma, Washington.
- Tacoma Power- Good Links to Environmental Organizations- Tacoma Power provides electric service to the city of Tacoma, Fircrest, University Place, Fife, parts of Steilacoom, Lakewood and unincorporated Pierce County in Washington state
- Sustainable Living Center he Sustainable Living Center is a nonprofit 501c3 organization originally founded as a two day renewable energy festival in Walla Walla, Washington.
- Sustainable Walla Walla Sustainable Walla Walla is a group of Walla Walla area citizens working to raise public awareness of the challenges and opportunities of climate change and declining fossil fuels. Our Vision is an economy and community for our valley that is sustainable through a high degree of self-reliance, conservation of resources, and mutual cooperation in an era of declining fossil fuels.
- Project Green Build joint partnership of Project Green Build, a 501(c) 3 educational non-profit, and Fazzolari Custom Homes of Vancouver, Washington, the Felida Living House marries craftsmanship, education, and sustainability in suburban Clark County. Built in Messner Estates, a bungalow-style community, the home will serve as an educational classroom helping the building industry, codes officials, and general public understand the systems, cost and performance of a Living Building. Open for tours, the partnership will use sponsorships, donations, and trades-in kind to subsidize costs of construction, with profits from the sale of the home to be used for further green building education in Clark County.
- Vancouver Food Coop (retail)
- Ecolution NW-Ecolution NW’s casual boutique showroom offers innovative, gorgeous options for countertops, flooring, tile and more