Just in case you are traveling- this would be an interesting ‘green event’ to attend.
The ‘In a Planet of Our Own’ event is scheduled to be held at Mumbai, India from 16th to 22nd of March 2009 and is being hosted by the Industrial Design Centre (IDC), at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, Mumbai.
This international event is aimed at creating design awareness on sustainability and simultaneously offers a platform for interaction for the design community. The events are centered around the interests of students, educationists and practicing professional designers.
The event has been designed to be lively, interactive and thought provoking and will provide great opportunity to converse with grandmasters of design, interact with thought leaders and listen to visions by outstanding speakers.
The event is expected to throw light on the role of design in an interconnected global world within the context of sustainability.
The major events during the design week are:
1. World Expo Exhibition – Vision of sustainability from six continents
2. Design Workshop on Sustainability for Students (entry is through a competition)
3. International Design Conference on Sustainability (requires registration)
4. Meeting with the Grandmasters
5. Public Installations based on Sustainability
Further details are available at the event website http://www.inaplanetofourown.net