The hardest part about opting out of stuff, junk mail, catalogues, is taking the time to do it.
- Keep your junk mail for 1 month (gather names)
- Return to sender as much as possible on envelopes.
- Take an agency-direct mail solicitor a day and either call or send a letter.
- Call your credit card companies and ask to be taken off their list.
Who to call or Write
Request to have your name removed 888.5opt-out (888.567.8688
DMA- Direct Marketing Association- offers the DMA Choice is an online tool to help you manage your Mail.
Opt Out– links to opt out forms for banks, direct mail and telephone solicitors
Opt Out Prescreen– Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Consumer Credit Reporting Companies are permitted to include your name on lists used by creditors or insurers to make firm offers of credit or insurance that are not initiated by you (“Firm Offers”). The FCRA also provides you the right to “Opt-Out”, which prevents Consumer Credit Reporting Companies from providing your credit file information for Firm Offers.
Through this website, you may request to:
- Opt-Out from receiving Firm Offers for Five Years – (electronically through this website).
- Opt-Out from receiving Firm Offers permanently – (mail Permanent Opt-Out Election form available through this website).
- Opt-In and be eligible to receive Firm Offers. This option is for consumers who have previously completed an Opt-Out request – (electronically through this website).