I am out of yard and garden room and need to do something pretty fast with my food scraps. Figure I have 4 choices 1.) Throw away (no!) 2.) Continue to dig holes in yard and stick garbage in (running out of space) 3.) Buy Composter (an option) 4) Try Vermicomposting. – which seems to be the easiest way if you don’t have a large amount of space for composters.
Vermi-Composting uses earthworms to turn organic materials into high quality compost. It can reduce your garbage by 1/3 and provide excellent organic soil for plants and healthy food. This sounds pretty good, no chemical fertilizers, save money and the environment!
Where to Buy
- Worm Eco- (wormeco.com) is offerine a Vericompost kit of $50.00 (out of VA)
- Gusanito Worm Farm 3 Tray Garden Compost Bin ($69.95 from Amazon)
- Worm Factory® Composter- Terra Cotta 3 Tray ($77 From Amazon_
- Journey to Forever
- Fact Sheet from California Integrated Waste Management Also a list of places to get worms
- Vermiculture Manual Great resource for all things Vermi-Cultural.
Want to Start Your Own Business?