Submitted by guest blogger, Nicole
Synthetic Grass is becoming more popular for both residential and commercial purposes. For businesses, it is an easy way to have the lawn take care of itself, without hiring a maintenance staff. Households have also followed, seeing the advantages of having a perfect lawn all year long, especially for people that live in wintry climates.
Synthetic grass is an alternative to real grass, providing the same features as if you were to have a real lawn in your backyard. As someone with allergies, this new option for lawns caught my attention.
Benefits of synthetic turf:
- Less Maintence- no watering, no weeds, no mowing,- saves time and money, and no gardeners!
- Saves Money- no more gas for power lawnmowers, no more replacement turf, no more pesticides and less water bills.
- Quieter- Yes, no more noisy lawnmowers!
- No Water Needed! Saves water bill especially good in drought areas! Did you know the average lawn uses 21,000 gallons of water per year!
- No toxic pesticides!- Great for those with allergies, asthma and pulmonary diseases, plus save the environment. Did you know that American homeowners use 23 Million Metric Tons of fertilize per year and 70 Million pounds of pesticides and herbicides on our lawns every year.
- Saves Landfill Space!= no more lawn clippings that just go into landfills!
The first question that comes to mind is “What if I have a dog.” With about 60% of the U.S. population owning a dog, the synthetic grass is pet friendly. Meaning, animal waste will not absorb into the lawn and destroy it.
A couple of Synthetic Grass Recommendations
- Easy Turf: This is Southern California’s largest synthetic grass company, servicing the needs of commercial, residential, and putting greens. It has a long life expectancy and is environmentally friendly. Especially during a drought, water conservation is number one priority. Easy Turf saves over 32,000,000 gallons of water annually. And in the end, Easy Turf will pay for itself. Some big name companies such as The San Diego Zoo have made the switch to Easy Turf. For more information or estimates, visit http://www.easyturf.com/