I received 2 emails from People in Colorado that wanted to know, where to recycle empty bottles. The best place to go is Earth911.org plug in your zip code and the closest recycler will come up. It’s a great site.
Call First to Confirm address and what they take. This was posted in 2009 and many updates have probably occurred.
- Matts Recycling: www.mattsrecycling.com Centennial, Denver, Englewood, Highlands Ranch, Lakewood, Littleton, Lone Tree… FREE. Mattress, Appliances, etc.. CALL FIRST Removal, Pickup & Haul-Away MAY be Available
- Custom Composting A-1 Organics Cherry Creek Recycling Facility 8200 E. Harvard Denver, CO 80230- (303) 750-6367 fax: (303) 776-1644 Custom composting: animal manure, yard waste, bio-solid composting, liquid brewery waste, food waste, non-hazardous and non-toxic industrial waste. They sell soil amemdments, top soil and top soil blends, mulches, plus a peat moss substitute, “Repeat,” made from recycled cedar. They also do consulting for soil amending and improvements.
- Denver Habitat for Humanity Home Improvement Outlet 70 Rio Grande Blvd.,Denver, CO 80223 (303) 722-5863 http://www.habitatoutlet.org
- Clear Intentions– Dowing Steet, Denver. Glass Recycling
- Dumpster For Recycling Waste Management 380 W. 62nd Avenue Denver, CO 80216- (303) 427-6200 Will set up dumpsters on site for corrugated cardboard and for wood recycling. (no particle board) Also accepts office paper, no drop off facilities. Call for pricing and account information.
- Mountain Trade Supply 4840 Broadway Denver, CO 80216- (303) 294-0226
- Organic Materials A-1 Organics 16350 Weld County Rd. 76 Eaton, CO 80615- (970) 454-3492 Description of materials accepted: Any organic material- tree limbs, grass, manure, etc.; compostable material, wood waste. No concrete. http://www.a1organics.com
- Jensen Sales Co. 8080 S. Santa Fe Drive Littleton, CO 80125- (303) 791-4250 Wholesale landscape supplier of bark, mulch, ground covers and soil amendments made from yard and construction waste. They accept (drop-off only) soil, sod, grass, tree branches, unpainted wood scraps, and sawdust. Drop- off fees $4.00-$5.00 per cubic yard. Open to the public. (CALL First apparently they do NOT recycle sold now)
- I Recycle Here- (irecyclehere.com) Pacifica Union Business Complex, 1865 W Union Ave, Sheridan, CO 80110 303-781-1089- E-waste recycling,
- I Recycle Here (irecyclehere.com) Washington Tech Center-12302-Grant St, Thornton, CO, 80241 303-452-3120 – E-waste recycling,
Construction Waste Recycling
- COMMERCE CITY- RECYCLE USED PALLETS A-1 Pallet Services 6400 N. Colorado Blvd. Commerce City, CO 80022- Recycles used pallets. They repair and rebuild used pallets (70%), send unusable pieces to CRI in Erie for recycling(20%), send the rest to Waste Management or set it out for free firewood. They pay $1.25 for pallets that they can rebuild, or otherwide they charge a small fee.
- ERIE- CONSTRUCTION WASTE FOR RECYCLING Construction Recycling, Inc. (CRI) 3220 Weld County Road 8 Erie, CO 80516- (303) 440-8777 Accepts presorted construction waste such as wood, pallets, concrete, asphalt, land debris and yard waste. Wood waste is ground up and sold to become bulking agent in compost, an additive in municipal sludge creating fertilizer, a dewatering agent, and as a component of fiberboard.
- ENGLEWOOD- REMOVAL OF CONSTRUCTION WASTE & DUMPSTE Eagle Roll Off Hauling 1865 W. Union Unit Q Englewood, CO 80111- (303) 761-8387 Will haul building materials, construction debris to recyclers on request. Roll off dumpsters available.
- GOLDEN- REMOVAL OF CONSTRUCTION WASTE & DUMPSTERS Evergreen Disposal 410 Orchard Golden, CO 80401- (303) 278-8600 fax: (303) 277-9705 Roll offs available for construction debris. Will haul to recyclers on an hourly rate. (Curbside recycling available.)
- BROOMFIELD- RECYCLED MATERIAL REMOVAL Kelly’s Construction Debris Removal 880 Beryl St. Broomfield, CO 80020- (303) 469-8990 Hauls construction and demolition debris to recycling centers.
- LONGMONT- REMOVAL OF CONSTRUCTION WASTE Left Hand Excavating 7733 E. 73rd Street Longmont, CO 80503- fax: (303) 651-0727 Available for hauling and deconstruction of commercial and residential buildings. Will take reusable and recyclable materials to appropriate places.
- BOULDER- REMOVAL OF CONSTRUCTION WASTE Omega Enterprises (303) 546-0831 Smaller scale hauling services available for recyclable and reusable building materials.
- ENGLEWOOD- RECYCLER Oxford Recycling 2400 W. Oxford Englewood, CO 80110- (303) 762-1160 They accept concrete, asphalt, wood, tires, brick, cinder block and dirt for drop off. Fees range from $15.00 for a single axle load of pure concrete or asphalt to $70.00 for an “end dump” of the other materials. The concrete is made into Class 6 road base and the asphalt is reused for paving. They also sell recycled landscaping rock.
- ENGLEWOOD- RECYCLER Renewable Fiber 2600 W. Oxford Englewood, CO 80110- (303) 798-1292 www.renewablefiber.com They ONLY accept yard waste such as grass clippings, leaves, and perennials. They also accept clean TOP SOIL.They do not accept wood of any kind and the soil can not have concrete, clay, large roots, or sod in it at the time they dump.
Mountain States Wood Recyclers, 303-789-3356, 2300 W Radcliff Ave Englewood, CO 80110, does recycle sod
BOULDER- RECYCLER Resource (BECC) 6400 Arapahoe Rd. Boulder CO 80303- Accepts, hauls, and resells building materials: lumber, doors, windows, hardware, etc. Call for appointment and directions. Deconstructin services available. Provides referral for diverting other materials from the landfill. Program run by the BECC ( Boulder Energy Conservation Center) a private non-profit business.
COLORADO SPRINGS- RECYCLING Rocky Top Resources 1650 Four Seasons Drive Colorado Springs, CO (719) 579-9103 Accepts all wood products, construction waste, tree branches, etc.
SAGUACHE- RECYCLING Saguache County Landfill & Recycling Center P.O. Box 476 Saguache, CO 81149- (719) 655-2554 fax: (719) 655-2543 Accepts appliances, carpet pads, corrugated cardboard, drywall, glass (all three colors), newsprint, office paper, magazines, land-clearing debris, metals- aluminum cans, plastics 1-7. Extensive reuse lands before entering landfill for building materials, furniture, appliances, etc. Wood pile lane for wood-burning stoves (heat). Recycle tires for use in earthship construction. Composting bins being developed. Have bailers for cardboard and plastics. Discount on tipping fee in landfill when materials for recycling/reuse are dropped off first.
Andy Monsoon (Lakewood) 303.704.2284. Operates a small construction waste recycling business located in Lakewood. Has 15 yard trailers on site for co mingled wood and steel, which I then re-sorts and recycles. Recycle include wood, all types of metal, carpet pad, and concrete
Concrete & Asphalt for Recycling 01040
- COMMERCE CITY- DEMOLITION AND RECYCLING Allied Recycled Aggregates 7901 US Highway 85 P.O. Box 566 Commerce City, CO 80037-0566 (303) 289-3366 fax: (303) 289-3543 Has full Demolition Services. Accepts broken, separated concrete and asphalt for recycling; used building materials. Resells these products, also road base, aggregate and fill.
- CHANDLER- RECYCLED TIRE ASPHALT International Surfacing, Inc. 6751 W. Galveston Chandler, AZ 85226- (800) 829-1144 fax: (602) 961-0766 Toll free number for Arizona only: (800) 582-4548. International Surfacing uses recycled tires in the manufacture of asphalt.
- ARVADA- RECYCLER Recycled Materials CO. 5500 Fenton Arvada, CO 80002- Accepts used concrete and asphalt for recycling into road base. Open to public, but most of their customers are contractors. Call 303-808-2254 for more information
- BOULDER- RECYCLER Western Mobile 6405 Valmont Boulder, CO 80301- (303) 444-6320 fax: (303) 444-6353 Recycles asphalt and concrete. Concrete cannot have any wire or rebar. Also accepts ceramics and porcelain- old toilets, tiles, sinks, etc. Crushes concrete and ceramics and makes road base. Crushes and reuses asphalt.
Carpet and Carpet Pad Recycling
- PUEBLO- RECYCLED CARPET Anderson Carpets 110 S. Union Pueblo, CO 81003- (719) 542-5833 Will accept used rebond and polyurethane carpet pad for recycling. They also sell recycled plastic carpet.
- FORT COLLINS- RECYCLING Crinc Container Recovery, Inc. 5887 S. Taft Hill Rd. Fort Collins, CO 80525- (970) 226-1101 fax: (970) 226-0524 Located at Larimer County Landfill. Will accept most rebond and polyurethane carpet pad, in addition to most consumer recyclables, for recycling. Open Monday – Sunday 8:00-4:30, Sundays 9:00 to 4:00. Also offers hazardous waste collection for household use only: motor oil, auto batteries, pesticides, paints, cleaning supplies. Call (970) 498-5760 for information.
Fort Collins: Hageman Earth Cycle- Located at 3501 E Prospect. 970-221-7173.
BERTHOUD- RECYCLING Good Deal Recycling, Inc. 988 2nd Street Berthoud, CO 80513- (970) 532-4338 Accepts aluminum castings and moldings, cans, screen doors, etc., will pat %.15-.30/lb. Foam produts, such as carpet pad, packaging, cushions, etc., will pay $.10/lb. Open M-F 8:30 to 4:30, 1/2 day on Saturday.
COLORADO SPRINGS- RECYCLING Mountain Trade Supply 3555 New Nichols Heights, Colorado Springs, CO 80918- (719) 528-8775 Accepts carpet pad,
Englewood– Colorado Recycling Services- Takes carpet, sofas, mattresses, appliances, box springs, electronics and more.
GRAND JUNCTION- RECYCLING United Waste & Recycle 2948 I-70 Business Loop P.O. Box 40004 Grand Junction, CO 81504- (303) 243-4345 They pay $0.04 per pound for used rebond and polyurethane carpet pad. In addition, they accept most consumer recyclables. Call for details.
COMMERCE CITY- RECYCLING Waste Management- Colorado Recycling Center 6091 Brighton Blvd. Commerce City, CO 80022- (303) 289-7500 fax: (303) 289-2355 Recycling transfer station, accepts carpet pad, foam cushions, aluminum, tin, glass, paper.
Broomfield- RE:Volve Carpet Recycling www.facebook.com/pages/ReVolve-Carpet-Recycling
DENVER- RECYCLER Mailboxes, Etc. 303 S. Broadway, Suite B Denver, CO 80209- (303) 722-4404 Materials accepted: Bubble wrap, peanuts, popcorn, starch, and polystyrene.
DENVER- RECYCLER Mailboxes Etc. 3100 S. Sheridan #1C Denver, CO 80227- (303) 935-2100 Materials Accepted: Styrofoam peanuts only
DENVER- RECYCLER Pak Mail Center 875 S. Colorado Blvd. Denver, CO 80222- Materials Accepted: Bubble-wrap, Styrofoam peanuts, polystyrene.
INFORMATION Plastic Loose Fill Council (800) 828-2214 This service will provide the names of businesses in any area which reuse many types of packaging materials.
FORT COLLINS- RECYCLER Poudre Plastics 2535 S. College Fort Collins, CO 80524- Accepts expanded polystyrene (packing material and clean food trays and cartons) for recycling. They grind and “densify” it and ship to a facility in California to be remanufactured into hard plastic containers. Their plant is open 8-3 Mon-Thurs., though for small quantities, they have a 24-hour drop-off location ad 2535 S. College St. in Fort Collins.
COLORADO SPRINGS- RECYCLER Tuscarora, Inc. 1100 Garden of the Gods Rd. Colorado Springs, CO 80907- (719) 598-0602 (800) 678-0601. Accepts expanded polystyrene (clean packing material only) for recycling. Their plant grinds and manufactures the material.
PUEBLO- RECYCLING American Iron & Metal 831 Santa Fe Dr P.O. Box 1800 Pueblo, CO 81002- (719) 542-5865 Accepts all types of source-separated materials. Will pick up large amounts.
FORT COLLINS- RECYCLING CENTER Aragon Iron and Metals 516 US Hwy 287 North Fort Collins, CO 80524- (970) 484-2577 Accepts source-separated metals, all types.
LONGMONT- RECYCLING Bradley’s Auto Salvage 7 South Sunset St. Longmont, CO 80501- (970) 776-5465 Toll Free: (800) 523-1058. Accepts non-ferrous metals.
PUEBLO- RECYCLING CF & I Steel C/O David Joseph Co. P.O. Box 1830 Pueblo, CO 81002- (719) 545-0263 Toll Free: (800) 992-9900. Accepts source-separated ferrous materials.
DURANGO- RECYCLING Durango Metals 819 E. 32nd Street Durango, CO 81301- (970) 259-0276 Accepts separated materials- aluminum, scrap, iron, copper, brass, lead, tin.
LAFAYETTE- RECYCLING Hamilton Recycling 404 W. Baseline Rd. Lafayette, CO (303) 665-5302 Accepts source-separated metals.
DELTA- RECYCLING J.J. Auto Salvage 1316 Hwy 50 Delta, CO 81416- (970) 874-8442 Accepts separated metals- scrap iron and most metals, cars and farming machinery, all appliances (except refrigerators.)
WINDSOR- RECYCLING Martin’s Supply and Salvage 8405 U.S. Hwy 34 Windsor, CO 80550- (970) 686-2460 Accepts source-separated metals, all types
WINDSOR- RECYCLING Morey’s Salvage 124 Main St. Windsor, CO 80550- (970) 686-2058 Accepts source-separated non-ferrous metals, such as copper, aluminum, brass.
FORT COLLINS- RECYCLING CENTER Nelson Metals 1400 E. Mulberry Fort Collins, CO 80526- (970) 482-7707 Accepts source-separated materials. All types.
DURANGO RECYCLING R.J. Automatic Products 287 County Road 222 Durango, CO 81301- (970) 259-3494 Accepts separated metals- aluminum cans, scrap iron, copper, brass, misc. metals. Also accepts stainless steel because additional business is a machine shop for stainless steel. Takes batteries. R.J. is an outlet for R.T. Recycling Co. in Cortez, so all materials go directly to R.T. Recycling for distribution.
CORTEZ- RECYCLING R.T. Recycling Co. US Hwy 666 South of Town P.O. Box 809 Cortez, CO 81321- (970) 565-3059 fax: (970) 565-7443 Accepts appliances, metals- scrap iron, copper, aluminum, brass- primary business is metals recycling.
AURORA- RECYCLER Reynolds Aluminum Recycling Co. 2601 Chambers Rd. Aurora, CO 80011- (303) 367-0822 fax: (303) 344-2324 Recycles aluminum; scrap metals such as copper, brass, stainless steel; glass, plastics. Also provides drop off bins for steel on north side of building.
LOVELAND- RECYCLING Rocky Mountain Battery Service 2929 N. Garfield Loveland, CO 80538- (970) 667-4059 Accepts source-separated metals, no steel. Also car batteries.
PUEBLO- RECYCLING Speken Iron & Metals 310 S. Santa Fe Pueblo, CO 81003- (719) 544-4837 Accepts source-separated metals. Commercial pick-up only.
BOULDER- RECYCLING Western Aluminum Recycling 3280 Valmont Boulder, CO 80301- (303) 447-0252 Recycles all non-ferroius metals- drop off only.