I Just Gotta Tell Ya
- 2008 – over 2600 oil spills world wide in 2008
- Hair dressers collect an average of 1 pound of hair clippings a day
Where to Recycle
- Locks of Love– Takes human hair donations to recycle into hairpieces for disadvantaged children who suffer from medical hair loss.
- Little Princess Trust (UK) Takes human hair donations and produce wigs for children with medical hair loss.
- Matter of Trust in San Francisco- recycles hair into Hairmats for oil spills. The site offers ways you can recycle your hair and clean up your own oil spills (garage)
- Compost In Your Garden- Your hair is full of nitrogen- very good for plants. If you don’t have a composter, spread it around the yard and it will help keep away rodents and snails.
- Spread it in Trees- Birds will pick up the hair to make nests.
- Belgravia Center– Article on Recycling Hair to Protect Marine Life