Today on my walk in the street: 3 Fast Food Drink Containers, 1 plastic bag with napkins and condiments, 2 straws. It was very obvious that somebody did a drive and trash!
I Just Gotta Tell Ya
- Sales for the 400 largest U.S.-based fast food chains were $277.2 billion up 6.8%
- The average American eats fast food more that 150 times per year.
- The disposal of packaging in landfills results in the release of millions of pounds of greenhouse gases as the paper rots.
- Majority of packaging is not recycled or otherwise disposed of properly.
- Fast Food Packaging is one of the primary sources of urban litter.
- More than 700,000 bags of rubbish are collected from England’s roads each year, including fast-food litter, cigarette stubs, drinks cartons and fruit. Keep Britain Tidy said that almost a quarter of people (23 per cent) admitted to dropping litter from their vehicles
What You Can Do: besides stop eating fast food:
- Don’t grab the extra condiments and napkins. Take only what you need.
- Dispose of Fast Food Trash appropriately
- Speak to the managers and ask if they recycle
- Bring your own container for drinks (better yet, bring your own drink in reusable bottle.
- Forgo the bag- request no bag
- Request the Manager to pick up litter and put in recycle bins.