It’s been a long road to this remodel even though I’m not done yet! The worst is yet to come, the kitchen!
Here is a Cost Breakdown so far:
Salvaged Tile (Garage Sale) – $125.00
- I am only using part of it, the rest given to my nephew to use
Salvaged Vanity/Sinks/Faucets (Craigslist) – $200.
- I only used the Vanity Base and Sinks- rest donated to Habitat. I paid too much and should have brought down the price- and if I had to do it again, I would have taken an old dresser/bureau made from real wood and remade it into a vanity. Would have been less hassle and the paint would have stuck on the wood.
Marmoleum Floors- throughout house- except kitchen- $4844
- I have some leftover (about 7 slabs) Was going to do the kitchen, but now I am going with tile in the kitchen.
Marmoleum Sliders/Transition Molding- $270
- We had to order more due to needing a T-Molding around the tile in front of the Fireplace. It’s about $47.00 for a 96 inch strip
Moisture Barrier for Flooring- $150
- These come in 100 Sq. Ft Rolls and you have to use a 6mm ply for Marmoleum flooring. I used the type with a foam ply in order to cut down on noise and softness. My handyman also told me he wouldn’t lay the Flooring without it!
Molding/Baseboard Cost (MDF primed) – $138
- If you use the Eco Options from Home Depot- count on it being more.
Eco Adhesive- $18
- Making the Countertop for the Vanity
Eco Sealer- Green Earth Procreate- $96.00
We needed something to seal the Marmoleum Vanity and this was the only Eco product that we could find locally that might work
Shims for flooring- $5
Safety Glasses- $6.00
Ceiling Fan (Energy Star) Home Depot – $149.00
Ceiling Fan Holder- $8.00
Toto- Dual Flush Toilet with seat- $363
My Handyman suggested we used the leftover Marmoleum and he would make the Vanity Countertop. Approx cost for the whole thing was about $125.00 because I had to buy the plywood, ceramic adhesive, eco sealer, his labor was $100 to make. Had the Marmoleum and the moldings. (See picture below)
Medicine Cabinets (Lowes) $138.00
- I looked and looked to reclaim or salvage a large medicine cabinets- finally had to break down and buy one.
Pulls for Vanity (Dixieline) $18
Faucets (2) WaterSense- $100
- Lost my receipt, so approx numbers
WaterPik Shower head- $50
Miscellaneous Plumbing Supplies- $68
Eco Caulk- $30.00
Zero VOC Primer- Bayside Paints $32.00
Bath Vinyl Molding- $9
Plywood and Drywall- $30
Miscellaneous Fixtures and Supplies $100
Lighting for Vanity (Lamps Plus) – $170
- This is the only non- Energy Star lighting.
Bathtub Re-finishing- $595.00
I would not do this again, or at least not do this with Bath Bright. Reclaimed Bathtubs are very easy to find, I had the tile, it would have cost me time and a few more dollars
Plumbing Cost- Installation of Dual Flush Toilet- $107
Repair of leaks and fix because I flooded the bathroom- $221
Labor Handyman- $1600
- Installation of 900 ft- flooring (whole house)
- Installation of Molding and Caulking
- Installation of Erupter hoses for washer dryer
- Fix and repair leaks in bathroom
- Trips to Habitat for donations
- Vanity Repair, Painting and Installation
- Installation of Fixtures, Towel racks etc.
- Installation of Medicine Cabinet Vanity Lights
- Installation of Ceiling Fan
- Drywall Repair and Re-Texturing Walls
- Demolition of Bathroom
- Re-Plumb Bathroom
- Re-make new countertop
Total Cost- $9515- Add a few more dollars- know I didn’t put in everything