Its a very rare occasion that you see someone with that old fashioned camera. Most people have digitals or are using their smart phones. Even if they don’t have a camera phone, disposable cameras are in every store. The problem with camera both old an new, they are filled with toxic waste and valuable materials that can be reused and NOT put into land fills.
I just gotta Eco Ya
- You can reuse a Disposable Camera. See here for instructions.
- Since their recycling program for one-time-use cameras began in 1990, Kodak has recycled nearly half a billion of them – including well over 100 million units in 2003.
- Most camera should be recycled through a Electronic Recycling Event.
- If you cannot sell them you can donate.
- You can reuse camera into all sorts of art projects.
Five ways to reuse old cameras into lamps.
This Polaroid Camera, come with a photo-finished shade
A vintage Brownie Camera lamp on Etsy
Y Studio makes a floor or a desk lamp reusing old cameras.
Some people want matching cameras, check these out.
http://www.mygreenelectronics.org/http://www.recyclingforcharities.com/ http://www.electronicsrecycling.org/http://www.epa.gov/rcc/plugin/ http://www.epa.gov/epaoswer/hazwaste/recycle/ecycling/donate.htm