With a new 30% tax credit is in the federal economic stimulus bills and combined with state and local incentives it might be worth your while to look into this alternative form of energy.
I just Gotta Tell Ya
- Americans installed about 10,5000 small turbines last year at a cost of $77 million
- AWEA estimates that about 13 M US houses could sustain small windmills.
- A typical Windmill is used in conjunction with electricity from local utilities.
- Excess power can be sent to the grid- saving money
- Systems cost about $40,000 to install and take 5-15 yearsl to pay
- Zoning restrictions may apply
Or You can Make Your Own Windmill for less than $200.
- American Wind Energy Association www.awea.org