My poor neighbors- if they only knew how much I write about them. Every week, their trash cans look like this. I have rescued boogie boards, golf clubs, surfboards, boxes, planters and more. Remember there are only 2 of them. 2 people fill up 2 large trash can every week, tt look like this. This is only 1 of the trash cans, the other was overflowing plus the green trash.
So in the interest of letting all know, there is absolutely no reason to have that much trash. Over 50% of what they throw-away could be reused or given away very easily, donated very easily, all without leaving the comfort of your own home.
See those boxes?- They can be reused as planters, can be remade into a coffee table, a toy box, so many ways to reuse, instead they were destined for landfills. It made me sick, I took them and will reuse.
In our neighborhood, every freeway exit has a Donation Drop Off. Not only that -we have a community resource center which will take donations and do pick ups. Both of my neighbors take the freeway to work, both have large cars with space, both could do this very easily. Why they don’t? They are lazy or ignorant or I believe apathetic, which is a crime in itself.
For those who don’t know, you can reuse and recycle or reuse about 80% of what is in your trash.
Top 11 Places To Recycle- ReGive- Reuse Sites
- Craigslist.com– advertise wood, also firewood
- Yingyango– Free giving away site
- Eco Freek- Global site that searches through other sites for free stuff
- Giving Away- Free site to post things to giveaway
- Freecycle Free to join, ask or give away anything, but mainly household goods.
- Free Sharing-Groups that free recycle objects they don’t want
- Habitat For Humanity or ReStores- Some of them will pick up for you, call your local to confirm. Double check for tax- write offs.
- Regives – State listing connecting People in local communities
- Salvation Army- does pickup
- Goodwill- Does pickup
- Other local charities