I Just Gotta Tell Ya
- The Average office worker goes through 10,000 sheets of copy paper a year. According to the EPA each employee in a typical business office generates 1.5 pounds of waster paper a day.
- A Ton of 100% recycled papers saves 7,000 gallon of water, 60 pounds of air emission and 3 cubic yards of landfill space
- According to Office Depot, each remanufactured toner cartridge ‘keeps approximately 2.5. pounds of metal and plastic out of landfills and conserves about a half gallon of oil.’
What you can do
- Use recycled office paper and products. See Staples, and Office Depot.
- Buy Paper that is PCF (processed chlorine free)
- Use unbleached and uncolored paper.
- Buy products in bulk to minimize packaging .
- Stop Printing if you can, read online, and order catalogues, newsletter online instead
- Print on Both Sides
- Avoid Color Printing
- Ask to be removed from mailing lists
- Make hard copies only when necessary. Use Email or E-vite
- Use a stick on label on the first page of a fax instead of a cover sheet.
- Recycle toner, and ink cartridge and buy remanufactured ones.
- Post Employee manual and similar materials online rather than distribute print copies
- Get rid of paper files and folders- put it all online
- Go Paperless
- Use the back side of old paper for scratch pads
- Recycle all paper
How Much Can you Save?
- A single sided 10 page letter cost .55 cents to mail. Same letter copied on both side of the paper uses only 5 sheets and $.34 in postage.
- A carton of paper costs $50.00 (5,000 sheets) cutting your paper use in half can save you $50.00 per employee per year.