Most people know what you can recycle in your recycle bin, but what do you do with batteries, electronics, packing materials, hangers and other stuff that can be recycled or reused. Check out some of the below links to find where to recycle anything. For great ideas on how to recycle this check out Recycle This.
General Recycling Information
- Container Recycling Institute
- Environment Directory – Excellent Directory of Recycling services
- Alliance of Foam Packaging
- Mail Box Stations
- Plastic Loose Fill Council (www.loosefillpacking.com) has a Peanut Hotline (800.828.2214)
- St. Judes Ranch for Children– Takes holiday cards and remakes into other cards.
- Tyvek Envelopes- Send to Shirley Cimburk, Tyvek Recycling Specialist 5401 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Spot 197, Room 231, Richmond, VA 23234 – for quantities larger than 25 call 866.33TYVEK
- My Green Electronics – Provides listing by zip code of where to recycle electronics
- Share the Technology- Provides other links to donate computers for refurbishing
- Recycling Battery Corporation (Call2Recycle)
- Battery Solutions
- USB Drives
- Alternative Community Training- provides jobs to people with disabilities. Workers erase tapes and resell and or recycle. Mail to ACT, 2200 Burlington, Columbia, MO 65202
- CE Recycling For Free
- Send scratched music or computer CD, DVD and PlayStaion or Nintendo video game disks to AuralTech for refinishing. 888.454.3223 or www.auraltech.com
- Lamp Recycle: Lighting manufacturers, through their trade association, National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) developed lamprecycle.org to provide a one-stop source of information about recycling lamps (the term used in the lighting industry to refer to all types of light bulbs).
- Some states have enacted drug recycling programs including: So far, the following states have recycling programs: AK, CO, IL, KS, MA, MN, NE, NM, NY, OK, PA, SC, WV. Check the National Conference of State Legislatures website for updated information
- Crazy Crayons -Takes unwanted crayons and recycles and sells
- Yemm and Hart (www.yemmhart.com)