Having done several articles on recycling burlap and have had several coffee houses email and ask where to recycle their burlap, now I have just received some good news, Seattle Burlap www.seattleburlap.com a project of UpCycle Northwest is now reclaiming burlap from Seattles coffee roasters and re-selling to the public.
The good news about burlap: it’s a natural biodegradable and sustainable fabric that you can reuse many times over.
11 Creative Uses for Burlap Bags
- You can use burlap to make
- Make fashion accessories such as purses and belts, ties, vests,
- Make Halloween costumes,
- In the garden, for soil erosion, weed control
- Re-upholster chairs and sofas and even cover your lampshades
- General storage, like firewood, leaves (no more plastic bags).
- Use for mattress or pillow filling
- Use for insulation
- Use for gift bags instead of buying paper, saving you money!
- Use for sandbags
- Make Art- why not frame your favorite coffee!
Contact them at email@example.com