America’s Recycle Day is November 15 of every year. This event is was started by Keep America Beautiful as reminder to make a commitment to recycle as much as possible. In 2015, there were over 1500 Events with 1.5 Million participants.
There are many things you can do to celebrate and make a commitment to recycle more for the next year. We pulled together a few ideas on how to celebrate America’s Recycle Day.
- Have an event (see their Toolkit)
- Attend an Event (See events)
- Visit the the website of your local recycler and review their list of recyclable items. Review what you can recycle in your home.
- Set up recycling center at your office. Get ‘work’ to make a commitment to recycle.
- Have a Recycle Day Craft Day or party with friends and family.
- Go through the house and do a ‘clean up’ of difficult things to recycle such as batteries, light bulbs and either pile or take to a recycle center.
- Make a checkmark on forgotten items that can be recycled such as plastic bottles, toilet paper rolls and food containers so you don’t forget. Might even put a ‘Blue Trash-can in rooms to remember to recycle.
- Visit neighbors and friends and offer to pick up their batteries and lightbulbs for recycling. Include batteries for hearing aids.