It’s Not Hard to go Paperless
There seems to be a resentment or fear of going paperless. But you are going to have to do it, per government mandates, so why not start small? Start with getting rid of your junk mail and go forward from that point. The easiest thing to do is assign a person to specific paperless tasks. As an example, 1 person could be in charge of junk mail, another in charge of organizing and training for recall (by email), another in charge of inventory, another in charge of patient records and most importantly bills, (another blog) This blog is only about Junk Mail one of the banes of our existence, but can be eradicated with a little time and effort.
Did you Know?
- 100 Million Trees are cut down each year for Junk Mail
- Americans recieve more than 4 Tons of Junk Mail per year
- 44% of Junk Mail goes into land fills unopened.
- 28 Billion Gallons of Water wasted
- $320 Million of Local Tax dollars spent disposing of Junk Mail
What you Can Do
- Take the time to write to each of the companies listed below and request to be taken off their mailing list.
- Take the time to sign up with one or more of the below companies and request to be removed.
- Take the time to write to each of your ‘clubs, frequent flyers credit cards, and request to be removed from their list.
- Take the time to write a letter to each vendor and request to be removed.
- Return to Sender unwanted junk mail (RETURN TO SENDER, REMOVE FROM LIST)
Junkbusters: provides links and information on getting rid of junk mail as well as faxes and telemarketing
Green Dimes : Free Service to get rid of junk mail
Here’s a Great Video on how to get rid of Credit Card Offers
Heres A Video on Getting Revenge (very Funny!)
Addresses to write to:
1001 W. Walnut Street
Compton, CA 90220-5191
Direct Marketing Association
Attn: Customer Service Opt Out
1120 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036-6700
Experian Consumer Sevices
901 West Bond
Lincoln, NE 68521
5711 S. 86th Circle
Omaha, NE 68127-0347
P.O. Box 2000
Conway, AR 72033-2000
9393 Springboro Pike
P.O. Box 933
Dayton, OH 45401
National Demographics & Lifestyles (generates lists from product warranty cards)
Customer Service Department
1621 18th Street, #300
Denver, CO 80202