This is certainly not all the local green and eco blogs and resources in Alaska. but it’s a good start! If you have a local green blog, dedicated to your city, state or regional, please let me know and I will publish.
- Alaska Rants: Directory of Alaska Blogs (Great List)
- ADN- Green This is the place for those who want to walk the talk on green living. Interested in the latest news on curbside recycling? Have a suggestion or idea about how to make Anchorage a greener community? Look no further than this recycling blog. Anchorage is moving fast to become a leader in protecting our environment, reducing climate change impacts, and hopefully saving money in the process. Join longtime Alaskans Nick Moe and Kevin Harun in sharing your latest thoughts on recycling and sustainability.
- Alaska 20/20
- Alaskan Division of Forestry
- Alaska Eco Tours
- Alaska Building Science Network In professional and voluntary roles, we have been providing Alaskans with residential construction and energy efficient building services for over 20 years. Coming from areas as diverse as Juneau, Unalaska, Kotzebue, and the Railbelt, we share a common goal of keeping Alaskans up-to-date on issues affecting building science and energy efficiency.
- Alaska Center for the Environment Alaska Center for the Environment is Alaska’s largest home-grown citizen’s group working for the sensible stewardship of Alaska’s natural environment. With 7,000 dues-paying members from around the state, Alaska Center for the Environment is your voice for public lands conservation, clean air, clean water, and livable places.
- UAA Office of Sustainability
- Southeast Alaska Master Gardeners
- Anchorage Water and Wastewater Utility Anchorage Water & Wastewater Utility is dedicated to serving our community’s public health needs by providing reliable, quality water and wastewater services in an environmentally sound and sustainable manner
- Sustainable Anchorage: Sustainable Anchorage is a non-profit citizens’ group dedicated to education and activism about all matters concerning sustainability, conservation and social justice. S.A. offers sustainable, Alaska-specific solutions for businesses, government and civil society in Alaska.
- Sustainable Homer What started out as an informational forum on sustainability at Islands and Ocean Visitors Center the fall of ’07 has become a wave of energy focused on making Homer a better place to live, work, and play. Sustainability hits a chord with Alaskans who are both independent by nature and, like here in Homer, dependant on nature.
- Eco Tours– Homer Treat yourself, your friends and family to a day of wildlife photography, Ecotourism, Remote beachcombing, pristine wilderness. Whether a day trip or a weekly charter,
- Sadie Cove, Eco Resort / Wilderness Lodge
- Sustainable Juneau
- Juneau Freecycle he Juneau Freecycle™ Network is open to all who want to “recycle” that special something rather than throw it away. Whether it’s a chair, a fax machine, piano or an old door, feel free to post it. Or maybe you’re looking to acquire something yourself! Nonprofit groups are also welcome to participate too!
- Juneau Urban Forest Partnerships
- Juneau Biodiesel website is currently under construction. Check back often for news, calender events, and energy issues related to Southeast Alaska, Alaska, The United States, North America, and the World. As our energy dependence grows, so does our need to meet that demand in a responsible, rational, and renewable manner to maintain our lifestyle and the environment we enjoy. What we do here and now will affect the rest of the planet in ways large and small. By becoming an involved community in the matters of energy issues we can look for solutions and methods that may become an example and beacon for other communities.
- Juneau Eco Mommie his blog reflects me, my family, my 2nd pregnancy and raising a 3 year old in this crazy world, trying to make every day beautiful..
- Juneau Freewheelers – bicycle club
- Juneau Watershed Partnership The mission of the Juneau Watershed Partnership is to promote watershed integrity in the City and Borough of Juneau through education, research and communication while encouraging sustainable use and development.
- Litter Free– (Juneau) Nonprofit organization formed in 1985 for the express purpose of creating a cleaner environment and encouraging recycling within the City and Borough of Juneau. Our marine environment, with its many streams, rivers, lakes and salt waterways, is very important to us. Marine litter is just as unacceptable as any other.T