These are not all the local green, eco, sustainable and environmental blogs, websites and resources in TN. If you would like to add a resource, please contact me to input.
- Keep Tennessee Beautiful
- Planet Trash
- Smokey Bear
- TN Farmgirl
- Sustain Tennessee SustainableTN.com provides residents and visitors relevant information and resources for making greener and more sustainable choices. Our directory is the most comprehensive collection of environmental, sustainable and green links for the state of Tennessee.
- Tennessee Trash ative Tennessean, born in Knoxville and has lived in Knox County his entire life. He created the site to spread awareness and to share information concerning the litter problem that is prevalent in the state of Tennessee. This is a non-profit site, any money generated by ads or donations, goes right back into the Tennessee Trash.org site to pay for web hosting, domain services and for litter awareness services.
- Chattanooga Green
- Chattanooga Green DrinksSocial meet and greet for those involved in environmental and sustainable projects.
- Green Spaces TNWe don’t need a sharp dividing line between urban park space (eco-beneficial) and buildings (eco-harmful). We want to change the way that we look at construction, in Chattanooga.
- Greener Chattanooga– Our goal is to create a hub where Chattanooga’s can find green businesses and products in the local area, and share sustainable tips and info with each other. Our site is just starting out, but we are so excited about all the partnerships we have engaged in so far. Lots of local businesses have signed up already to sponsor forums and add content on a weekly basis.
- Green Chattanooga Initiative
- Recycle Right City of Chattanooga recycling resource
- Knoxville Trivia
- East TN Clean Fuels CoalitionThe East Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition (ETCFC) is a group of people who live, work and play in East Tennessee, who are working together to reduce dependence on foreign oil and improve regional air quality.
- Make Orange GreenMake Orange Green is a comprehensive program that promotes and coordinates environmental stewardship activities at the University of Tennessee.
- Knoxville GreenwaysGreenways are corridors of protected open space managed for land and water conservation and recreation.
- Knoxville Recycling CoalitionThe Knoxville Recycling Coalition is a local, non-profit organization in Knoxville, Tennessee that has focused on environmentally sound waste management practices for over 20 years.
- UT Knoxville Recycling InfoEverything you need to know about recycling at UT Knoxville
- Tennessee Conservation VotersTCV is a coalition of state conservation groups dedicated to raising voter awareness, advocating stronger laws and holding our elected leaders accountable for safeguarding the environment of Tennessee.
- Bird on A Wire MLGW is the largest three-service public power utility in the nation, serving more than 420,000 customers in Memphis and Shelby County.
- Overton Park Forever To preserve and defend the Old Forest of Overton Park for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations.
- Friends of Our Waterfront Our goal is to keep the Memphis riverfront public. We oppose the Riverfront Development Corporation’s plan to let private interests develop public land at taxpayer expense.
- Shelby Farms Park Conservancy The Conservancy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization charged with stewarding a master planning process for Shelby Farms and for day-to-day operations of Shelby Farms Park – excluding Agricenter International and “Area 10” which is set aside for use by co
- Shelby Farms Park Conservancy Blog The Conservancy has been granted an historic opportunity to manage, operate, and lead Shelby Farms Park. Its overall mission is to create one of the great urban parks of the 21st century at Shelby Farms Park.
- Tennessee Conservation Voters TCV is a coalition of state conservation groups dedicated to raising voter awareness, advocating stronger laws and holding our elected leaders accountable for safeguarding the environment of Tennessee.
- V & E Greenline The V&E Greenline is a 1.7-mile rails-to-trails park that is owned by the neighborhood and was purchased by the neighborhood in 1996. The trail runs from Springdale to Watkins, with intersections at Stonewall, Evergreen, Mclean, and Jackson, in Memphi
- Wolf River Conservancy The Wolf River Conservancy is a non-profit [501(c)(3)] organization dedicated to conserving and enhancing the Wolf River and its environs as a natural resource for public education and low impact recreation.
- West TN Clean Cities Coalition Since its inception WTCCC has propelled the renewable fuels and clean transportation technologies forward in West Tennessee through a series of exciting projects involving some of the biggest government entities and private corporations.
- A Greener Nashville– Real Estate blog with tons of eco information and links
- Green Drinks
- Greener Nashville Greener Nashville is a one-stop resource for sustainable living in Middle Tennessee. Started in early 2007, the campaign focuses on the vast number of Nashville residents, as well as the surrounding counties, that are looking for sustainable resources in their every day lives. Whether it’s saving energy, eating healthy, or living green, this web site is a resource for you.
- Living Green 101
- Local Table A guide to local food and farming in Middle TN
- Nashville Tree Foundation Nashville Tree Foundation works to preserve and enhance Nashville’s urban forest by educating the public, planting trees in urban areas, identifying the oldest and largest trees in Davidson County, and designating arboretums.
- Nashville Urban Harvest Nashville Urban Harvest is a community driven, non-profit group working to build sustainable food systems in Nashville, Tennessee, and surrounding environs.
- Middle TN Chapter – Sierra Club The Middle Tennessee Group (MTG) draws members from 28 counties surrounding Nashville and has approximately 2500 members.
- Nashville Clean Water Project NCWP v2 will focus on the upper part of Percy Priest Lake, specifically two islands: Riversbend and Poole Knobs. These two islands have massive deposits of dumping and debris from years of disrespect and neglect.
- Cumberland Region Tomorrow Cumberland Region Tomorrow is a private sector regional 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization working with the public sector to support and encourage growth planning, with an emphasis on land use, transportation, and preservation of the rural landscape and
- Earth Matters Network A group of environmental and youth educators working to make a difference in the Nashville Metro community through gardening, recycling and composting projects.
- Friends of The Nashville Farmers Market The Mission of the Friends of the Nashville Farmers’ Market is to provide development and support for the Nashville Farmers’ Market to enhance the Markets role as a civic resource.
- Greener Nashville Blog The thoughts of one really imperfect Nashville girl who’s trying to live the green life.
- Greenways For Nashville Greenways for Nashville in partnership with the Metro Parks Greenways Commission coordinates a TrailWatch Volunteer Program for the added safety, security, and protection of greenway users, park resources, and the surrounding natural areas.
- Local Table Blog The publisher of Local Table, Lisa Shively digs into issues about farming and sustainable food in TN.
- GROW Nashville GROW Nashville is a community group dedicated to providing support and resources to the many new and developing community garden projects that are sprouting up around Nashville.
- 35th Natural Areas Conference 35th annual Natural Areas Conference Natural Areas Revival In Music City: Tuning into a changing climate and biological invasion
- Second Harvest Nashville The purpose of the organization was to provide a central distribution center for companies, groups, and individuals who wished to help provide food for Middle Tennessee’s hungry.
- Slow Food Nashville Slow Food is a non-profit, eco-gastronomic organization that works to counteract the disappearance of local food traditions.