Recycle Bill just sent me this great list! Where to Recycle in Greensboro, NC
- Recycles Bicycle Shop http://www.recyclesbikeshop.com/ Sellsused/rebuilt bicycles and new and used parts with an empathisis onsed. Merrit also does great work.
- The Bike Garage http://www.thebikegaragenc.com/ is another greatbicycle shop that sells lots off used bikes and John Burns does greatwork.
- Scooter Nerds http://www.scooternerds.com/ is a great place fortransportation slightly faster than bicycles. John, who owns ScooterNerds has also owned one of the most respected indie automotivegarages in town for 20 plus years. And unlike most scooter shops,Scooter Nerds can actually repair broken scooters.
- Salvage America, 3001 Holt’s Chapel Road, Greensboro, NC Website:SalvageAmerica.us Buys steel, aluminum, copper, brass, stainlessteel, wire, electric motors, “tin” cans, junk cars, lead, lead-acid batteries, spent shell casings, used and broken cell phones in any condition and more.Accepts cardboard, some plastics and more. Open 7:30 until 4:00 M-F and 7:30 until Noon Saturday. Call 336 698 4616 for more info.
- Radford Automotive 4638 Burlington Rd. Greensboro, NC. 27405 Telephone: 336 621 3281 Buys junk cars. Billy Radford is a great guy who has been in business for 30 years.
- Patriot Biodiesel 110 N Chimney Rock Rd. Greensboro NC 27409 Website: http://www.patriotbiodiesel.com/ Buys waste vegetable oil with a FFA content of less than 5% and a MIU of 1%. Brian, the general manager there is also a great guy. And like me he raises free range chickens!
- SONOCO 3004 Holts Chapel Road, Greensboro, North Carolina, 27401, telephone 336 274 0186 Website: Sonoco.com Buys scrap cardboard and paper.
- DH Griffin 4716 Hilltop Road, Greensboro, NC 27407 Website: dhGriffin.com 336 855 7030 Buys all types of scrap metals.
- Battery Warehouse and Recycling 1310 W. Lee Street Greensboro, NC 27403. 919-273-1145. Buys used lead-acid batteries, copper and aluminum.
- A Sister Selling Socks started out on a corner selling socks out of the back of her car rain, sleet or snow. She not runs a consignment and thrift store. http://asistersellingsocks.com/
- The Blessed Table Thrift Store ia a local non-profit with a 100% volunteer staff that sells gently used men’s, women’s and children’s clothing for 50 cents an item and uses 100% of the proceeds to buy food for the homeless and hungry. Website coming soon: http://blessedtable.org/ 3015 East Bessemer Ave in the rear of Bessemer United Methodist Church. Greensboro, NC 27405 Telephone 336 333 2266
- Greensboro Farmer’s Curb Market since 1874: http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/departments/Parks/Facilities/market/default.htm
- Piedmont Triad Farmer’s Market: http://www.agr.state.nc.us/markets/facilities/markets/triad/
Antique Window Restoration
- Double Hung Historic Window Restoration http://www.double-hung.com/ David Hoggard can save his customers a fortune over the cost of replacement windows and he has saved NC Taxpayers Millions of dollars by restoring instead of replacing many of the windows in our historic college campus buildings. We usually save $250,000 on one college dorm building alone. And his shop is in the basement of a historic building downtown though on bigger jobs he sets up shop on site. I used to work for David, he’s a great guy.
Salvage Building Materials
- Architectural Salvage of Greensboro http://www.blandwood.org/archsalvage.html
- My business: Salvage America (Actually I’m general manager and not the owner) SalvageAmerica.us also does the same sort of thing plus C&D (Construction & Demolition) Recycling as does DH Griffin