- Driving 10% less by can reduce greenhouse gas emission by .2-.8 per year.
- According to AAA the cost for owning and operating average care is 52.2 cents per mile.
- Carbon dioxide is the number one contributor to the greenhouse effect and cars produce about 30% of the nations carbon dioxide emissions.
What you can Do
- Make it a habit to carpool or take a mass transit to work
- Consider joining a car-sharing service like Zip Car
- Consider walking, biking to work
- Set up a carpool board / even in your center or office building
- Tele-Commute is possible
- Consider 4 day work weeks instead of 5 day.
- As an employer consider rewarding employees who do not drive their cars to work.