Going into the Gift Giving Season- what do you give someone who has everything? What can you do to help your friends and relatives get out of the conspicuous consumption mode and into the Green and Save mentality. Why not give them a Gift card from Plant Your Tree a very easy to use program, just click and sign up. Not only that, no waste of time, gas and expense buying gifts- save on your carbon footprint!
I Just Gotta Tell Ya
- For every tree planted allows 2 people to breathe clean air for a lifetime.
- A tree absorbs 48 lbs of CO2 per year.
- 500 trees counteract the negative environmental effects of one car for one year (source: The Nature Conservancy in the US).
- Properly placed trees can lead to nearly 60% savings on daytime air conditioning. The evaporation from one tree can produce the cooling effect of 10 room size air conditioners running for 24 hours/day.
- Hospital patients with a view of trees out their window recover faster and with fewer complications than patients without such views.
- 343 trees in a kilometer square decreases asthma rates by 29% in young children (source: Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health).
- Trees use nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium – byproducts of city living – which can pollute our streams.
- In 50 years, one tree generates $31,250 worth of oxygen, provides $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycles $37,500 worth of water and controls $31,250 worth of soil erosion (source: US Forest Service).
- Trees provide habitats for species
- Trees stabilize soil and prevent erosion.
Other Tree Planting Gift Resources