I am all about buying local and supporting local economies. I am also about reducing waste as much as possible. It makes me sick looking at really good stuff people just put in the trash. Dressers, beds, desks are pretty much the norm. And I think WHY! People could be reselling and making money and reducing waste just by using online sites.
Which is why when I read about a company in Australia QuickSales, I just have to write about it. This is a Australian owned company (local economy) that you can sell (FREE) and buy local goods that people do not want. How great is that!
I just Gotta Eco Ya
- Since 1990 Australians have been throwing away about 10 million tonnes of waste each year.
- Victoria a total of 10.3 million tonnes of waste was generated in 2006-2007.
- Ever year in Australia over 17 million computers, televisions and other electronic products are thrown away and only 4% of this e-waste is recycled
- Roughly 37 million computers, 56 million mobile phones and over 17 million TVs have gone to landfill in Australia (Source)
- 60% of Australians say they feel some guilt when they buy items that do not get used while 40 per cent say they do not feel guilty.
Cruising around the site, it has such a variety of products with over 1,600, 000 objects that are new and used. From electronic devices (sell your old TV, DVR, cell phones) to toys, art, antiques.. you name it, it’s there. You can sell outright or put it to auction. A cross between auction sites and Amazon and Craigslist. The site is easy to use and I spotted a desk I would like.
I love sites like this, and think this is a great opportunity to go GREEN, Make Money and Save.