Even though 75-95% of a car can be recycled, hence Cash for Clunkers, there are other ways to reuse or upcycle Auto parts.
I Just Gotta Eco Ya
- About 10 Million cars are scrapped every year
- Millions of tons of polyurethane foam can be recycled into floor mats, remade into new foam, unlays for carpets, tire covers and a few more.
- Steel and Aluminum can be resold or sold as scrap
- Billions of thermoplastics into our landfills. Source
- You can recover about 50 lbs of zinc from a ton of steel and yes zinc has value such as undercoatings of bridge
LA Design Studio Poland created furniture called the Spiret of 427 from recycled car parts such as bumpers, fuel inlets,
The furniture may be a little funky, but you can create sculptures. Austrialian designer, James Corbett created wonderful reclaimed auto parts sculptures from vintage car parts. Source GizFactory
Sweet Sofa’s will custom make your favorite car into your favorite sofa.
Perhaps Sofa’s are not for you or you live in Roswell, New Mexico
Jakes Chop Shop makes all sorts of cool upcycled Auto Part Furniture and Accessories
Steven Shaver– Makes everything from Clocks To Couches
Joe Hester makes tables and other Furniture from rusted cars.
Geoffs Bits in the UK, also makes car furniture
UK Based Steve Heller makes Furniture and Accessories from wood and old cars.