Commercial vs. Homemade Face Cleanser Costs — powered by eHow.com
Just ran out of Witch Hazel, which I normally use as a facial cleanser. It’s cheap and easy to use- but thought I would see what other non-toxic-eco friendly beauty products that I have available to use in my kitchen.
11 Very Easy Skin Cleansers
- 1/2 Lemon, sliced thin
- 1/2 Orange, sliced thin
- 6 fl. oz rubbing alcohol
- Put lemon and orange slices in blender- add rubbing alcohol. Blend for about 1 minute.
- Strain and will keep in refrigator for about 6 months.
- 1 3/4 pint of purified water
- 8 Tblsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsps dried chamomile flowers crumbleds
- Place all the ingredients in saucepan and boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain into jar.
- Apply with cotton balls
- Will keep for 2 weeks refrigerated.
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp ground almonds.
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl. Apply mixture to face and scrub lightly. Rinse with clean water.
- 2 pints of boiling water
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 1 or 2 Tbsp dried thyme or mint.
- Combine boiling water, lemon juice and dried thyme or mint.
- Place face about 12 inches about the mixture and steam for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Mix organic milk with sea salt, dab on face, and let it dry for 2 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Juice a lemon (organic of course) and puree half of a cucumber, apply to face, and rinse with cold water. Pores will tighten, and your skin will stay cool for hours
- Cut Lemon in half and rub in circles over face. It helps to remove the dust and oild.
- Massage yogurt over the face and wipe your face with towel. Can add mashed strawberries to yogurt to make a paste- apply and wash off after 10 minutes.
- Dip cotton in vinegar and apply to face. (avoid eyes). After a few minutes wash face with warm water.
- Apply rose water over face and neck. Wash after a few minutes.
- Organic cream, milk, and dried chamomile flowers should be heated on the stove for about half an hour. The concoction is left to cool, then used to relieve super-dry skin.