Last week, I was fortunate to attend the Action Sports Retail show in San Diego. Action Sports can be devastating to the environment but fortunately there are many manufacturers that are leaders in greening the sport industry and finding ways to minimize environmental impacts. One of those leaders is Costa Del Mar Eyewear, who’s primary focus in sports is fishing. Some reports have said that based on trends the world would run out of wild-caught fish by 2048- the reason- overfishing and pollution. Costa Del Mar (Sunglasses that deliver the ultimate performance. A need to explore. A responsibility to protect the planet. These are the things we live for and the adventures that drive us.) supports organizations that are driven to keep our oceans and fish safe from overfishing and pollution.
The organizations they support:
- Blue Highway- (bluehighway.org) Blog about the battle over a proposed road cutting through the untouched Alaska Wilderness
- Coastal Conservation Association- A non-profit group that fights for healthier marine fisheries.
- Bass Conservation-
- Adopt a Billfish Program (www.billfish.org)
- International Game Fish Association (www.igfa.org)
- The Billfish Foundation (www.billfish.org)
- Trout Unlimited (www.tu.org)
- C Channel- you can watch live many of their efforts and fish stories
So if you are looking for good quality sunglasses with performance polarized lenses and a company that supports the environment- I would definitely check out Costa Del Mar. To find the products they have a retail locator on their site.
Resources Just in case you want to know how important it is to protect our oceans!
- Reliving the Beach Life- Take Care of Our Oceans
- Costly Global Problems of Marine Litter
- Marine Litter
- Sea Turtles May Finally Win From Shrimp Trawlers in Costa Rica
- Sportsfishing- Catch, Tag and Release
- Top Tips for Eco Friendly Boating
- Get with Blue- Oceans, Seas and Marine Life
- Cleaning Waterways and Collecting Litter
- Healthy Fish Ratings