I have done quite a few post on recycling and reusing either to make or save money. Make Money by Recycling gives some helpful hints on recycling to make money.
1.) Aluminum Cans and other Aluminum products- take to scrap metal dealer
- Recycle Aluminum Cans Helpful Hints on Recycling Aluminum Cans
2.) Copper, Iron, Stainless steele, Lead and Brass– like door hinges, home decor, fittings, plumbing- take to scrap metal center.
3.) Paper and Cardboard- Take to scrap dealer
- Reuse and Recycle Cardboard- Make Money– listed several ways to reuse cardboard and where to re-sell.
4.) Plastic Bottles- Take to scrap dealer
5.) Glass Bottles- Take to a Scrap Dealer
6.) Printer and Ink Cartridges-
- Take to Staples for cash or credit- ecycle Group
7.) Electronics: Cell Phones, MP3 Players, Digital Cameras, Calculators, Gaming Devices, External Drives, Games, DVD’s, CD’s –Cell Phone Recycling-Resell and Make Money (Helpful Hints and more resources)
- Gazelle– takes video games, laptops, movies, external drives, LCD monitors, camera lenses, cell phones, blue ray players, camcorders, PDS;s, digital cameras, gaming consoles, projectors,
- Buy My Tronics– Buys new, used and broken electronics
- Second Spin-DVDs and CD’s
8.) Batteries- many companies will pay you to bring your car battery back, some scrap and junk dealers will also buy back car batteries.
- Battery Park– buys back your batteries
- Books– Cash 4 Books
10.) Get Rewards and Points
- Recycle Bank– receive rewards and points for recycling
11.) Food Wrappers
13.) Jewelry– most jewelry can be melted down and reused or sold. Pawnshops will also buy used jewelry.
14.) Clothes, shoes, jewelry
- Consignment stores will take your old clothes and pay you upon the sale of the clothes
15.) Furniture and Antiques
- Resell or place in consignment stores
16.) Sporting Goods
- Stores such as Play It Again will take used sporting good equipment on consignment.
- Used Golf Balls- See article on Making Money on Used Golf Balls
17.) Reclaimed Wood and Building Materials
- Material Exchanges and Salvage Yards– has listing of places to buy and sell Used building materials
18.) Recycle Energy
- My Emission Exchange– allows you to earn money by reducing your home energy use
19.) Remake into usable items and resell on your own website or sites such as Esty
20.) Sell on Ebay, Amazon, Craigslist or have a garage sale.